View Full Version : How to transfer contacts without unlocking phone

profchen
10th April 2006, 12:32 AM
I got a 3G handset, Motorola C975 and when I want to transfer contacts from my SIM to it, it prompts for a subsidy password.

Is there no way I can transfer the contacts without unblocking the phone?

Ben
10th April 2006, 12:36 AM
Welcome to Talk3G!

The best way to keep your contacts sync'd is to use the PC software to have your phone sync'd with the computer. Then, when you get a new phone, you just hook it up and sync it to get all your contacts on.

You could also try bluetoothing your contacts, or copying your contacts to your old handset, putting the new SIM into that, and then copying them back before putting the new SIM back in the new phone...

Oh, and there's always those SIM Backup things. They can be had for a couple of pounds. They basically copy your contacts off of your SIM card.

I'm sure others will have suggestions to!

Hands0n
10th April 2006, 01:27 AM
The best method is the SIM backup do-hickey, but watch out, you have to get one that is compatible with 3G USIMs or you won't be able to put the USIM in to restore the Contacts and/or SMS messages.
The gizmos are typically less than a tenner, if more then shop around a bit. Check out the likes of Mobilefun (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk)

Check this one out (which is 2G and 3G compatible) http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/1827.htm

profchen
10th April 2006, 10:01 AM
The 3G SIM is not recognised in the other phone, a Sony Ericsson T68i. I have been able to get the data of it through christersson.org PhoneBackup and Float's Mobile Agent, but I don't know if that software will work with the C975.

Is there some software that is compatible with both, or can transfer the data from one to the other?

Ben
10th April 2006, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure... but I think the SIM Backup route is the best way to go. Perhaps your networks nearest store would be able to assist you? They may have one of the SIM Backup devices that they'd let you use without having to pay.

profchen
11th April 2006, 01:37 PM
I used the motorola phone tools to update the calendar, but it has no options for the todo list itself.

Is there some other software that will manage the todo list as well?

Is there any other software for the Moto C975 besides Motorola phone tools?