View Full Version : Three price rises (from last year).. continued!!!!!!

delinquentwoody
18th April 2006, 06:54 PM
Hi guys,

Well it's been a while since I've been on these forums, but I've discovered something which may be of benefit to some of you!

Most of you will remember, last October/November time Three sent a letter out to all its customers informing them of a price rise, and through these forums someone pointed out that in clause 3176.4b (or something) it was possible to cancel the contract early, if 3 made a change 'to your detriment'.

Well anyway, to cut a long story short, I wrote to three of my notice to cancel the contract. They rang back, and offered me a free N70 (which was brand new at the time) on an insanely good deal which I accepted (subject to another 12 months).

Now stick with me on this one. The original contract I had with three would have terminated on the 14th of May, and so could have got my PAC code from the 14th of April (the other day).

Now I bought my original phone from Phones4U, and as far as they were concerned didn't know I'd changed my contract/phone with 3. P4U rang me and left a voicemail, which said "Hello, now's the time to upgrade your phone, you're entitled to a free upgrade so come in and see what we can do!"

Now I knew that, strictly speaking, I wasn't, but decided to go in phones 4 u and take them up on their offer!

When it came to them ringing 3 up to get the PAC code (I sat there nervously), the Indian guy said the contract doesn't end until 14th November 2006, but as it originally started on 14th May 2005 and was on a 12 month contract (which it still said on the 3 CS guy's computer screen), and had only had 3 months half price to verify it was a twelve month contract, the indian Three guy spoke to his boss and said 'sorry, there must have been an administrative error on your account, and I will give you your PAC code straight away!'

OK, so that's a simplified version, but u get the jist!

So if anyone else upgraded to another 12 month contract in November through this price rise, then feel free to get your pac code and upgrade now!!!!!

3GScottishUser
18th April 2006, 07:43 PM
Oh dear..... just what 3 UK need right now...... more red ink!!!

Oh well if their admin systems and Mumbai are not on the ball - hell mend them.