View Full Version : Web ‘n’ walk professional

Jon3G
25th April 2006, 10:26 AM
Just taking from the T-Mobile site

Seems the deal is very good plus you get 1 year pass to the hot spots

Connect your laptop to the internet via our 3G network.
Check our 3G availability

Web ‘n’ walk professional makes surfing the internet on your laptop simple and easy. Just put the web ‘n’ walk card in your laptop and away you go. And it's great value.

Download and send large files and emails quickly
Fast download and upload speeds
No data download limits*

Plus, you get a FREE WiFi HotSpot pass** for 12 months.
See HotSpot locations

Choose between a 12 or 18 month contract...

Contract Cost of card Monthly
Web ‘n’ walk professional 12 month £58.75 £19.99
Web ‘n’ walk professional 18 month Free £19.99

*Web ‘n’ Walk professional is subject to a minimum term contract and credit check. Compatible handset or device required. To ensure a high quality of service for all our customers, a fair use policy applies. T-Mobile defines fair use as total UK data use (both sent and received) of up to 2GB per month. T-Mobile may contact customers who exceed this volume of data in two (or more) consecutive months in any six month period to ask them to reduce their usage. If usage is not reduced, notice may be given, after which network protection controls may be applied which will result in a reduced speed of transmission. Use of Voice over Internet Protocol and Messaging over Internet Protocol is prohibited by T-Mobile. If use of either or both of these services is detected T-Mobile may terminate all contracts with the customer and disconnect any SIM cards and/or web ‘n’ walk cards from the T-Mobile network.

**The Hotspot pass must be activated within 12 months of purchase, valid for 12 months from activation. For use on the T-Mobile network using T-Mobile HotSpots in the UK. Subject to HotSpot terms and conditions, see Hotspot home page available from any T-Mobile Hotspot. Keep your password and username safe, T-Mobile will not be able to re-issue or remind you of these details. Voucher is non-transferable, not for resale.

Ben
25th April 2006, 10:28 AM
2GB for £19.99? :eek:

No, really...

:eek:

*looks at his Vodafone datacard in disbelief*

solo12002
25th April 2006, 12:14 PM
Yes Ben and had you been reading the fourm as well as you normally do, you might of spoted that i did post this days ago with you in mind :

Lads nothing as yet on the t-mobile site . But I have found this:

http://www.scancom.co.uk/product.php/1632/722

Im not sure if the price is going to be cheaper on the t-mobile web site, as iI understood this was going to be around £10 pm, I also understood this was to permitt handset use to, unless the £10 one is??

LOL

Hands0n
25th April 2006, 12:58 PM
Never mind data card!!!!

*Looks at 6280 with Flext 35 + Web N Walk with frustration*

LOL

That 2GB is a stonking amount of data given today's tariffs and allowances. Of course, I'd like to see much more done to "normalise" data charges, but who can really argue with T-Mobile at the moment. They are in a clear lead in terms of tariffing data at the moment. I'm reading snide comments against T-Mobile on Usenet [for instance] attacking them for being on PCN frequencies (1800MHz), service levels, service quality etc. But to be sure, I find that in my area of work and play T-Mobile provide a fairly even 2G and 3G coverage - I cant always get 3G but then again I don't often need it at the moment, rather I'm happier with the seamless transition between both network standards that I was not getting with the 3 and O2 relationship.

In terms of Internet access; actually, I'm getting on well enough with it on the handset, and cant wait until they release the Opera Mini access to the WWW which will be a huge improvement on the embedded 6280 browser access to T-Zones and other WAP sites.

At the moment .............. T-Mobile rocks :D

Jon3G
25th April 2006, 01:20 PM
Yes Ben and had you been reading the fourm as well as you normally do, you might of spoted that i did post this days ago with you in mind :

Lads nothing as yet on the t-mobile site . But I have found this:

http://www.scancom.co.uk/product.php/1632/722

Im not sure if the price is going to be cheaper on the t-mobile web site, as iI understood this was going to be around £10 pm, I also understood this was to permitt handset use to, unless the £10 one is??

LOL

The content on my first post was taking from the T-Mobile site.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=plans_webnwalk_proplans&chosenPricePlan=pmt

solo12002
25th April 2006, 01:45 PM
HandsOn

As you are using the srvice I have a question how do you find thw w+W, my reason for asking is do I need the w+Wpro or not, Im lkely going too go for the MDA pro as i want a mobile and PDA in one.

Will the w+W cover my needs in respect of access to e mails and the net, I cant see myself needing laptop access, but who knows?

Which would you go for there is only about £3 pounds in the price?

Hands0n
26th April 2006, 08:04 AM
@solo12002 - Last question first - I would go for the Pro version for the small uplift in price and the flexibility of being able to use it for data access with a PC or PDA.

That said, I am quite happy with the ordinary version on the mobile handset only, and will be happier once they switch on Opera Mini to give a "proper" browser experience. Currently, the embedded browser in the handset via T-Zones is okay for text and WAP-formatted websites. It gets much harder to cope with on regular websites (even Talk3G) although not impossible, just quirky. Opera Mini promises to reformat the website to fit the [Opera] browser better and allow a truer experience.

Ordinary W+W will cover access to eMails - particularly if there is access to a Webmail server via your ISP. I have successfully used webmail on Gmail and Blueyonder. Also, you are fully able to access POP3 mail via the embedded email client on the 6280, so it should be poss on the MDA also.

So, armed with an MDA Pro and W+W (ordinary) you should be okay to do what you intend. I think that W+W Pro may be overkill for you given your stated use - it is more suited to data access for PDA/Laptop via Datacard or Mobile Handset as a modem. And of course that tantalising 2GB monthly allowance.

I'm sure T-Mobile would not argue with you upgrading to W+W Pro :D if you subsequently found that just W+W no longer fits your needs.