View Full Version : Cheapest Orange Line rental

miffed
26th April 2006, 01:34 PM
The time has come to downgrade my Orange tarriff

What is the cheapest line rental Orange offer ? I have looked among their tarrifs and the cheapest I can find is a "your plan for business" which is £11.50 per month - hopefully they'l let me have that as a business customer
The site is so poorly laid out now though (at least the tarriff section is)
that it is hard to tell ! - but the rest of the options look like they begin at around £20 ( even the OVP options ! whatever happened to matching "any" priceplan ?!!
Anyone know what the cheapest "official" line rental is ?

Hands0n
26th April 2006, 10:38 PM
I am truly sorry to say that I barely understand Orange these days. Hence why they lost my custom, which is a crying shame.

Ben
27th April 2006, 12:36 AM
I had a quick look on their website to try and figure it out myself and am none the wiser. I think I pay £15/mo less my 'discount' for being a 'loyal customer'.

I think the cheapest new tariff you'd get is Dolphin @ £19.

gorilla
27th April 2006, 11:33 AM
I've just had a look myself. What have orange done to their website? When I was a customer (a few years ago right nuff!) you got a list of loads of tariffs. Does anyone else think that these new tariffs are daft? They don't really offer enough minutes and texts for £30. IMHO £30 a month should get you at least 200 minutes and 500 texts and that has been around on O2 for years. Look at the vodafone sim only deal £25 for 250 minutes and a 1000 texts per month. Are orange losing the plot?

aunty-fred
8th June 2006, 01:46 AM
Have you seen the orange tariffs on their website lately. For £30 a month you get 200 x net mins plus an extra 200 x net mins for life, plus 100 eve and weekend mins, 1500 texts and free broadband:p

Ben
8th June 2006, 01:49 AM
Welcome to Talk3G!

Indeed, things have moved on a little since April 27th when this thread was last updated ;) We now have the 'new' Orange, with a raft of new deals to boot. There are good offers to be had, but there's still not enough movement on the core tariffs for my liking.

m1.carson
1st July 2006, 07:24 AM
Just upgraded, on Orange but not through Orange, got a tarrif of £15-00 month for 18 months, cashback scheme, can't comment yet, haven't had the first invoice.

Ben
1st July 2006, 12:06 PM
How much are you actually going to have to pay each month before you claim cashback? £30?

m1.carson
2nd July 2006, 10:27 AM
Yes, found that out just before I signed on the dotted line, the refund is every three months, sending an invoice to prove you've stayed on the same tarriff.

There were three other offers instead if you wanted, a free printer, i-pod or 3g.

mobiles.co.uk

Max.

Ben
2nd July 2006, 12:51 PM
Did the idea of cashback put you off? I can't say it has ever tempted me. I'm still unsure as to why the operators haven't tackled the massive flaw in the dealer commissions system.

m1.carson
3rd July 2006, 10:12 AM
It only put me off inasmuch as I wonder if I will get it back, but they say they've been trading for 12 years, they could'nt do that if they were ripping people off.
Well I suppose they could, but £15 a month is about what I wanted to pay.

Max.