View Full Version : May 1st Is Great For Texters!! *- Updated -*

getti
26th April 2006, 01:36 PM
From 1st May 2006 anyone signing up to an 18 month contract with Orange via their own shops, website or direct phone number, you will get 1000 free texts a month for life.

This is anytime any network texts too!!

gorilla
26th April 2006, 01:59 PM
It is good news, although it's really only Orange catching up with the other operators is it not? Still it's bound to make Orange an attractive proposition for all of us waiting on the N80.
Where did you hear about this getti? Can you post full details? Or is this another one of your exclusive news items for us. Thanks for letting us know.

getti
26th April 2006, 02:11 PM
Well the news is supposed to be hush hush which is why there is no leaked press release or anything yet.

However I have had this confirmed by sources in Orange as being 100% correct if that helps :)

Ben
26th April 2006, 02:50 PM
Typical Orange. If you can't compete, throw in a special offer. *grumbles*

Still, it's a very good value-add.

miffed
26th April 2006, 05:31 PM
At least it is a step in the right direction (following a succession of giant leaps in the wrong direction)

How do you buy this ? do you have to go into the Orange store and ask for "Duck Billed Platipus" ? :)

Interestingly I was discussing Orange with my friend today (P4U manager) and he was telling me of their frustration with Orange - and how difficult it is to actually sell Orange phones at the moment !
He says their(P4U's) official breifing is that Orange are deliberately trying to position themselve apart from the "How cheap can we go ?" mentality of the other networks , and want to portray a "solid, reliable,quality" service instead
Fair enough I suppose - Brave move , lets hope that over time the show that they can deliver , I suppose someone had to be bold enough to stand up an say "I'm not playing" for the sake of the industry !

As stated in another post - I have no desire to start using my orange account - but it'll be interesting to see if we do actually see a return to quality service

Hands0n
26th April 2006, 07:51 PM
Well, I think that they [Orange] can either "play" the game or go under in a snap! Thats the market as it has always been, except that the costy little cartel that the "big four" appeared to be running has fallen apart at the seams.

I almost cannot believe how much difference is appearing between all the UK mobile operators compared to not more than three years back when everything was very samey, competition was a few pence here and there. There is much more scope for a widening of the margin though, this is not the time for complacency to settle in.

If Orange want to be some kind of "Premium" supplier then let the market judge them. I know where my money is on that particular bet.

Now? Well the gloves do seem to be well and truly off and none of that is bad for the Customer who has been fleeced consistently to pay for fully amortised networks and services!

solo12002
26th April 2006, 09:33 PM
If Orange want to be some kind of "Premium" supplier

Sounds like t-mobile a while ago, every thing for the company user, dam all for personal user and look at their turn around. Orange will have to do something now or their sales will go right down the pan, 1000 text is a good offer if thats all you do, or have a hearing issue

getti
27th April 2006, 10:03 PM
UPDATED NEWS!!!

Just an update about the new May 1st info.

THe terms have changed. The 1000 free texts will now NOT be for life, but for the 18 months of the contract.

However the bouns parts of the animal plans will be TREBELD for a set time.

So Dolphin (£30) will get 600 texts for 6 months, 200 afterwards PLUS 1000 free a month for the 19 month contract

Simple? hell no! lol

Hands0n
27th April 2006, 11:01 PM
Ooooh, how gloriously transparent and what a response to T-Mobile's latest and greatest news! NOT . I'm cringing in embarassment on behalf of Orange!