View Full Version : 3G Data: Vodafone on T-Mobile W&W Pro

Ben
1st May 2006, 12:10 PM
This is the response I received this morning to my enquiry regarding the price of T-Mobile's new Web and Walk Pro.

"Thank you for your email. Whilst the deal you have seen by T- Mobile is a good deal on paper I would just like to make you aware that their coverage of the UK is far less than that of Vodafone. It is this extra cost that you are paying for. The deal you currently have with us is the best we can offer you at this present time."

That wont be enough to convince me come the end of my contract! I'll at least take W&W Pro out for a test drive if nothing better comes along and/or Vodafone remains at the same price.

solo12002
1st May 2006, 12:53 PM
Sorry not good enought.

Questions I would ask are:

Do I have t-mobile coverage were Im likely to need it?

Can vodafone offer a better deal or match it

If the answer is Yes to question 1 and no to question 2, sorry I to pum a phrase, " I;ll Web and Walk " lol

Hands0n
1st May 2006, 04:12 PM
*solo12002 hits nail on head with precision*

Absolutely agree 1,000% - coverage where it is intended to be used is key, not how well the mobile network thinks it has got the UK covered. Great example is ........ me! I seem to have almost 100% coverage in my area of living and operation for most, if not all, the networks. 3, for example, has been near-solid since its launch in the UK - for me! For others it has been dire, and similar tales are told of all the networks.

Much moaning on Usenet from the GSM addicts who deride PCN's 1800mHz frequencies as been poor quality - but again, my own experience is that these are fine wherever I roam :D

Yup, Vodafone (and the others) had better not rest on their laurels, now matter how good they think they are. T-Mobile have chucked a very large stone into the pond, the ripples are not to be ignored.

Best stop now, I'm all pun'ned out :D