View Full Version : "Web n Walk" vs "Web n Walk Pro"

Ben
3rd May 2006, 01:56 AM
Hey folks.

This is directly from T-Mobile's lovely media people today.

Web n Walk Pro, despite what we've all recently read on the website, is, apparently, a purely separate product charged at £19.99.

Web n Walk is the only add-on for voice tariffs available, priced at £7.50.

You may know differently, but if you do then you also know differently than T-Mobile's own staff.

solo12002
3rd May 2006, 08:51 AM
Once again Ben see here :

http://tmobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=business_im_wnw_pro

I have high lighted the main facts:

Or you can add web ‘n’ walk professional to a voice price plan for just £8.50 (excluding VAT) per month.

Or see here:

150 and the T-Mobile Manchester store say the pro is available now for all users. Their words not mine.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=18511

petencl
3rd May 2006, 08:56 AM
Hey folks.

This is directly from T-Mobile's lovely media people today.

Web n Walk Pro, despite what we've all recently read on the website, is, apparently, a purely separate product charged at £19.99.

Web n Walk is the only add-on for voice tariffs available, priced at £7.50.

You may know differently, but if you do then you also know differently than T-Mobile's own staff.
I added Web'n'Walk Pro to my Flext 20 tariff by calling CS - no problems :D

Ben
3rd May 2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks folks :) As I said, I can only relay to you what T-Mobile's official line is.

shenson
3rd May 2006, 06:39 PM
I think T-mobile have more than one official line :)

In a couple of other forums two different T-mobile staff have said that it is also available as an add on. In fact one of them got all the other details right long before the official announcement. That was around the time various people (me included) were staring in disbelief at the "no modem use" condition of web'n'walk.

Some people have reported success by calling T-mobile CS others have been told that it is "business only".

So far its not addable online through "My T-mobile" though web'n'walk consumer version is. I'll see what CS say when I need it in a couple of weeks time.

Ben
3rd May 2006, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I don't doubt that it's quite possible there is internal confusion. By the 'official' line, though, I am referring to the one given out to me by their press office.

shenson
3rd May 2006, 07:43 PM
I added Web'n'Walk Pro to my Flext 20 tariff by calling CS - no problems :D

When did you get it added? Are you on a business tariff?

petencl
3rd May 2006, 09:15 PM
When did you get it added? Are you on a business tariff?
A couple of weeks ago.. definitely non-business. It's just a bog-standard high street Flext tariff.

solo12002
3rd May 2006, 09:57 PM
see page 10@

http://www.hughsymonscommunications.co.uk/documents/hscm/pdf/5_2006_hscm_pdf_5pric_may.pdf

@NickyColman
3rd May 2006, 11:09 PM
It seems there are two different versions of Web&Walk Pro.

A) The £17 ex VAT version that comes with the Data Card for your laptop.

B) A Nokia Smartphone/MDA version that is handset only which is £8.50 a month with a voice tarrif aka Flext.

NOW i understand!! :D

solo12002
3rd May 2006, 11:14 PM
Oh Bleubean, me thinks you getting old lol. Took you long enought to work it out lol.

Still even for OAP's its a good deal

Jon3G
3rd May 2006, 11:15 PM
I am currently working as a contractor that provides outsource customer service to T - Mobile.

I am onsite at a T - Mobile site Thursday so I am going to ask them to clear this up

@NickyColman
3rd May 2006, 11:21 PM
Solo12002, too old? 20 years old actually. :)

LeMotor
4th May 2006, 12:08 AM
I can talk about me only: I'm on a personal voice tariff and I can add web'n'walk, but not web'n'walk pro in "My T-Mobile" online! It's not there! But if I look at the business page, there it's mentioned you can add web'n'walk pro to a voice tariff! So it
looks web'n'walk pro for personal users isn't available online, yet! Business users can add it! I haven't tried to ring CS! May be it's different, I don't know!

solo12002
4th May 2006, 10:36 PM
" 20 years old actually" oh I love 20 year olds !

Jon3G
7th May 2006, 01:05 PM
I can confirm you can add web and walk pro for £8.50 ex VAT.

I have aded it to my MDA pro account and it was listed on my bill

Ben
7th May 2006, 02:46 PM
Perhaps the add-on is limited to certain types of account/device? The MDA Pro would appear to be an obvious match for Web n Walk Pro.

shenson
7th May 2006, 07:29 PM
I can confirm you can add web and walk pro for £8.50 ex VAT.

I have aded it to my MDA pro account and it was listed on my bill

Did you add it online or my calling T-mobile CS?

BTW I got hold of an advertising mag from a T-mobile shop. It mentions Web'n'walk professional in several places it is listed as a bundle for the expected price, no mention of it being business only.

The 3G card also says it supports a "free upgrade to speeds over 1Mb". Does the card already support HSPDA then? I thought new hardware would be needed for that.

Jon3G
7th May 2006, 09:38 PM
I just called CS and they added it.

With regards the 1mb speeds. I would suggest this will be a speed when used with a hotspot

shenson
7th May 2006, 09:45 PM
With regards the 1mb speeds. I would suggest this will be a speed when used with a hotspot

Ah I should've posted the full quote one of the "bullet points is":

Get high performance - running on our 3G network means you'll get near broadband speeds, and in the future, a freeupgrade to speeds of over 1MB

Jon3G
7th May 2006, 10:00 PM
wow

amazing speeds

but you will need the kit to achieve those speeds

shenson
8th May 2006, 04:59 PM
A guy on Modaco has now got one of the laptop cards. It apparently does support HSPDA so the 1MB+ transfer rate should be possible as soon as the network supports it.

Hands0n
9th May 2006, 09:07 AM
The T-Mobile card is indeed HSDPA compliant

Not only is it the first HSDPA-enabled data card to be offered by a major network in the UK, but it's also quad-band and has integrated Wi-Fi.

See https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12732#post12732

shenson
10th May 2006, 02:55 PM
Just to add to the confusion... after reading this and similar threads on other forums about the difficulty of getting Web'n'Walk Pro it was with some sense of foreboding I rand up T-mobile CS asking to change my Web'n'Walk consumer bundled to the "Web'n'Walk Profesional Bundle" (that's what some T-mobile literature describes it as) on the SIM only tariff.

Well after the CS rep went away to ask it was added no problem :)

I've checked on "My T-mobile" and it is indeed there, YMMV.