View Full Version : EasyMobile free £20 credit

3GScottishUser
7th May 2006, 05:21 PM
I have just ordered an EasyMobile SIM because for £1 you get £21 worth of credit. Offer finishes today so if you fancy one you'll have to be quick!

Calls to EasyMobile phones are 3p/min anytime and 15p X/Net or to Landlines.

SMS costs just 1p to EasyMobile and 5p to all other networks.

Picture Messages 20p

Seems fair nuff!!

We shall see what its like when it arrives. (For £1 I doubt that there will be much to complain about).

solo12002
7th May 2006, 06:16 PM
T-Mobile are doing Pay As You Go Sim Cards currently for 50p. See link:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?nmid2=ctl_pas_pp_details&nmid=pas_pp_plan_ews_details&menuid=ctl_pas_pp_change_plan&ppid=26&pf=Pay+as+you+go

No credit on them but calls to local,national and all UK mobiles are 12p text messages 10p

Hands0n
7th May 2006, 06:29 PM
I've been using easyMobile since around their launch, on and off. Its quite a good service really, although the price plan does seem a bit lame now compared to when it first launched. Its still good, but now that T-Mobile themselves have entered the fray as pointed out by solo12002 it does rather leave easyMobile ghasping for the advantage - although £20 for a £1 is a marvelous exchange rate by anyone's standards :D

Hands0n
7th May 2006, 07:14 PM
Bu99er it! I had a flash of inspiration which has just cost me £2.......

Bought a new number for myself £1 with £20 pre-loaded, total £21 to spend.

Then .....

Bought one for the Mrs with me as the referrer which gives her £21 to play with AND gives me a further £5 as a referal bonus. Cant be bad.

Now, if I can only convince the rest of the family to buy a SIM referred by me .... I should be rolling in it by the end of the day :)

3GScottishUser
7th May 2006, 08:16 PM
Stop being so greedy!!!

Hands0n
9th May 2006, 11:10 PM
SIMs are due here tomorrow (10 May), emails arrived today to confirm. What really surprised me is that they have awarded my referral number £10 not £5 - and if I read the small print right, the new SIM will not only be pre-loaded with £20 but should also have £10 more as it is a referral that was accepted by the punter! I do like people who give money away.

The deal is now off, but what has replaced (https://www.easymobile.com/) it (until 17 May 2006) is not too bad either - £5 for an outlay of £1 (total £6 on the SIM when you get it). That is a very friendly way of allowing one to evaluate the service before getting all serious and topping up f'real.

And recommend a friend/family member etc. and they accept it, you get a tenner credit to play with. This is a time limited offer 17/5/06.

How it works
Simply get your friend to quote your mobile number when they join us. Your free £10 airtime bonus will be added as soon as your friend activates their account.

Both you and your friend will be given a £10 airtime bonus each time a friend, family member or colleague joins easyMobile.com on your recommendation. All they have to do is quote your easyMobile.com mobile phone number, when asked, as they go through the join up process on our website.

It’s simple to do, so recommend your friends to the service today and introduce them to the great benefits you already experience.

Once their new account has been successfully activated, your account will be credited with £10. You can recommend as many friends as you like, and remember, they get a £10 free airtime bonus when they join up on your recommendation.

Source: https://www.easymobile.com/selfcare/emcontent/services/raf/raf_intro.html

3GScottishUser
11th May 2006, 08:20 AM
My SIM arrived yesterday on schedue.

Impressed with the service so far. 2 e-mails confirming the order and providing number and SIM ID confirmation.

Minimal paperwork supplied with the SIM but clear instructions on how to activate the card on-line. The process took less than 30 seconds to complete.

EasyMobile also give you some printed contact cards with your name and your new mobile number - nice touch!!

Well for £1 I now have up to 120 minutes X/Net talk time or 420 SMS, which seems like a steal to me!!

Will report back when I have used the service. If its good I wont be paying 02 10p a text in future and as this is a secondary handset I dont like the idea of having to commit to buying regular bundles to get a decent price. The easyMobile solution seems to fit my needs and could be a worthwhile secondary option for those who choose to have different contact devices for different contact groups.

Hands0n
11th May 2006, 08:48 AM
Got all three of ours too...

The Mrs got her £20 sign up bonus plus another £10 referral bonus and the £1 paid for the SIM so a total on the card of £31.

So long as you have a decent T-Mobile signal in your area of work and play you should be okay. Us Norf Kent'ers have brilliant signals (we glows in the dark we does) so its been a very good experience with the previous easyMobile SIM too.

katquinn82
11th August 2006, 05:29 PM
If anyone wants to use my number as a referral feel free, we'll both get an extra fiver credit ooooh! its XXXXXXXXXX (Removed by Moderator to protect member from unsolicited calls).

Members please PVT to exchange this type of personal data.