View Full Version : settings for mms and web browser on 3 network with nokia 6280, please help

nufc09
12th May 2006, 07:23 PM
hi, i wonder if any one can help.........please

i have just had my firmware upgraded today from v3.36 to v3.65(cost £15 by the way and took 20mins) and i need the setting for mms and gprs. now when i got this done the guy said you will need to get the settings which 3 will give you.

so...........

i phoned 3 to get the setting and they went to walkthrough the settings with me.

so for gprs i was asked to,

1st- go to menu and then select setting,
2nd- go to configeration
3rd- go to default settings and in there select 3.....................which wasn't there.

so ther tried the mms

so i was asked to go the
messaging
message settings
multi media messages
then config settings
and again 3 wasn't there, so this stumpted them and they said that they would have to have it sent to them to get done.

so after i finshed with them, i told my cousin what was said cos he wanted to know, and he said if the deafault config isn't there just go to personal config settings then select add and choose which one you want to set up, all you needs is the settings off 3 because he did the same to set it up for his mam(shes on o2).

so once again i was on the the phone to three customer service and i was explaining that i had already been on the phone about ten min ago and that all i needs is the settings, so they went through everthing again tryin to set it up by using the default config and i said that ive already done this and just need the setting to set it up using personal config instead.
they didn't know what i was talking about so thats why im here, so can somebody please help me?????????????????

Ben
12th May 2006, 09:37 PM
I'm sure someone else here on Three will be able to help you.

However, firstly, why did you pay £15 for a firmware upgrade? I assume you had Three's software replaced with Nokia's generic software?

Secondly, Three aren't like the other networks - they don't seem to just 'issue' settings like the rest do. Hell, they'd take your phone back and flash it with their own branded software before just telling you what to enter in ;)

Hands0n
12th May 2006, 10:50 PM
@nufc09 - Don't waste your time with 3's CS, they are unable to provide support for anything that is not 100% to their standard config.

I'd suggest starting off at the Nokia website where you can get help with the settings beginning at this URL http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,85040,00.html

Following that link through to their Settings Centre you will be able to select your phone model (6280), Country and Network (3)

Order Standard Settings

Phone model: Nokia 6280

Network: 3

MMS Service Provider: 3MMS

Service Provider: 3 Services

Enter in the security key given on the web page, enter your mobile phone number and the settings will be sent to you as a series of SMS messages. That should be all you need.

Please let us know on here if this all works okay for you with the 6280.