PDA

View Full Version : Talk3G.co.uk has loads more features

3GScottishUser
13th April 2005, 05:05 PM
If you have been looking and lurking around the 3G and telecoms forums for a while you'll notice that many of them use old software or have limited functionality for contributers.

We have made a point of fully utilizing all of the advanced communications features that the latest version of the forum software provides.

You can upload decent sized pictures (subject to approval). Create and use an avaitar. Change the look of the forum to what's best for you. Best of all you can use the private messaging service to correspond with others and track when your messages have been received and read. If you like you can also list your Yahoo/ICQ/MSN Messenger contact details in the directory and add an external e-mail link too.

So what's the verdict so far?

Vote in the poll and let us know what you think and keep sending the suggestions. We need your help to make this the #1 place to talk3G! :)

PS: On Topic Comments welcome below.

Martin3G
13th April 2005, 07:36 PM
I had to be honest and vote for 'Pretty Good - Looks very promising so far' because the forum is very new but I absoulutely think it has great potential. Keep up the good work guys :)

I was a member of another (guess which) 3G forum for a short while but then they started messing me around so now that's over. If anyone has ever visited the MoDaCo Windows mobile forum then they may know me for there too :D As far as 3G goes I'm happy to be here :)

I work on the Orange 2G, 2.5G and 3G networks and in telecoms for many years so I know a little bit. If it's possible for me to help anyone then I will try my best.

I'm struggling a bit for time at the moment with the forums as were are doing lot's of work (as always) on the network but I can assure you, it's gonna be a great 2G/3G network.

Ben
13th April 2005, 07:56 PM
Hey Martin3G! I voted for the same option myself. I think I'm allowed to say it's looking promising :p What seems to be emerging is somewhere very relevant to and very focussed on 3G.

There's obviously a long way to go yet, but the forum already fulfills my want to talk to like minded people about this subject. I just know we're going to be a huge help to the influx of new 3G users over the next few years.

miffed
13th April 2005, 08:41 PM
I voted an unbiased ( :p ) Brilliant ! , naturally ! :D

Jon3G
13th April 2005, 09:09 PM
I voted pretty impressive so far, Its non commercial and with out the bull of other forums and so far no flaming

3GScottishUser
14th April 2005, 08:57 AM
It'll remain that way too.... just watch!

jman
14th April 2005, 09:38 PM
The forum looks good.

Hands0n
14th April 2005, 10:50 PM
I voted "Brilliant" - been here weeks already and not a single flambaited diversion into utter irrelevance. Ben sums it up nicely with the expression "like minded" in reference to 3G - I'm sure we all have our opinions but there is a good bit of respect on here and the mods are going keep it that way too I'll vouch.

motoman
15th April 2005, 02:04 AM
Very nice forum.

I'm sure many of you here (3GSU!?!) will recongise the name and the panda pace from another very popular forum.

Hope to contribute to here too!

Tom ;)

jman
15th April 2005, 02:09 AM
"I'm sure we all have our opinions but there is a good bit of respect on here"

It will be nice to have some good constructive debate's, that what forums are all about, its good to see all you "guys" in one place, I for one look forward to makin the most of this forum.