PDA

View Full Version : Talk3G from a mobile

gorilla
15th May 2006, 02:35 PM
Ok, so I'm now able to surf the net using my 3g mobile. Naturally one of the first sites I go to is this one. Just wonderd if there was a wap version of the site or how best to view the site on a 6680?

Ben
15th May 2006, 02:58 PM
If I remember correctly you can actually browse the forum on a mobile phone in its full form. I think I managed to do so successfully when I was using my 6680. Unfortunately there is no official mobile plugin from vBulletin for WAP yet that I know of, but I'll keep my eyes open.

@NickyColman
15th May 2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah, ben, you can browse normally on a handset. OperaMini browser is perfect. I recommend it.

gorilla
15th May 2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks Ben, I can view the site fine, it's just a little long if you get my drift.

gorilla
15th May 2006, 05:31 PM
Thanks Ben. I can view the site ok, it just doesn't fit the screen properly!

@NickyColman
15th May 2006, 08:48 PM
you can even acess talk3g on a psp as i am now!

Hands0n
16th May 2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, ben, you can browse normally on a handset. OperaMini browser is perfect. I recommend it.

Are you using Opera Mini on the 6280? Or is this a past-life experience on another handset? :)

Hands0n
16th May 2006, 12:38 AM
you can even acess talk3g on a psp as i am now!

Oooh, ooooh me too :D

That makes an interesting sidebar question for this thread.

What do you access Talk3G on?

I use

My Desktop (a home built AMD64 with 19" FPD) via Telewest 10Mbps broadband
A ridiculously large widescreen laptop from HP (same broadband)
My Sony PSP via the in-house WiFi
My Nokia 6280 via T-Mobile, presently using its WAP browser which aint that good really.
My iPAQ 4150 PDA via WiFi when out and about using a local hotspot or an unguarded WiFi (wow, there are so many of those, and more every day!!).

What do you use?

3g-g
16th May 2006, 12:40 AM
Well for me...

*At home it's via my Demon ADSL connection on a monitor that's so big it's like being at the IMAX.
*On the 6680 it's now via my newly installed Opera browser that I'm extremely impressed with! See here: https://talk3g.co.uk/showpost.php?p=12931&postcount=4
*On my SPV M2000 it's either over the old bog standard GPRS or if I'm feelin swish I'll use the house WiFi or one of the neighbours WEPless ones! ;)
*And when I'm out and about it's over my Orange MOC 3G connection or again via some fools unencrypted WiFi!

And just recently, I was at Burger King and if you spend 99p or more you get 30 mins of completely free WiFi! Not bad!

gorilla
16th May 2006, 02:00 PM
*@ Work, IBM networked pc using IE
*e-machines laptop (which I think is a splendid bit of kit) through NTL home broadband via wi-fi using firefox
*and of course now thanks to my new vodafone sim, my 6680 with opera mini

@NickyColman
16th May 2006, 02:54 PM
For me, its my. .

*Nokia 6280 using OperaMini which works beautifully

*My sexy Apple Mac iBook

*My even sexier white PSP.

All of them work great.

Hands0n
16th May 2006, 09:19 PM
For me, its my. .

*Nokia 6280 using OperaMini which works beautifully

Okay you got me fired up with curiosity so I delved and discovered. Marvelous. Outstanding. Excellent. Blimey!

https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2535

I hope T-Mobile's Web N Walk implementation works as well - perhaps a bit quicker as its not a generic back end server one hopes :)