View Full Version : May photo comp!

3g-g
24th May 2006, 12:17 AM
Well it's looking like Yssybyl just pipped mob453 to the post with the sunset picture! Congrats!

I know this is a little late in May to get your entry in, apologies... We've all been a little busy lately! So make the most of the last few days and we'll have things back to normal in June. June already!? Where's the year going?!

So, here's how it works!

Post one photo taken from your phone, as an attachment, on this thread.
At the end of each month, a new thread will be made allowing you to vote for your winner!

Notes:
1) Your post and attached image will not show up straight away - we check each entry first.
2) You can only enter one picture each month.
3) All pictures must be taken with a 3G phone during the month of May 2006 - you can state which phone you used if you wish, but technical quality is unimportant. As such, reducing the size of your photo is fine provided no 'photoshopping' is performed.
4) The winners poll will now be a public vote - you can't vote for yourself!

Good luck!

Graham

3g-g
24th May 2006, 12:53 AM
Well I might as well get things started!

Taken on the 6680, just the normal 6 x 4 image size, nothing special. Was out with the dog, thought the compound I was in was nice and secure, needless to say he found the only hole in the fence and made his way through it! :)

teclo
24th May 2006, 09:56 AM
In Edinburgh yesterday, walking up the street and thought it looked quite nice. This is the resulting picture. I liked how the buildings were silhouette in the very bright sun.

Also notice how empty the street was. :)

Hands0n
24th May 2006, 08:45 PM
20,000 Bikes on a sunny May Day visit to Hastings. It were luverly wern'it :D

@NickyColman
24th May 2006, 09:35 PM
Heres mine. Its called Penshaw Monument. Its a Victorian-age tribute to the past!

hecatae
24th May 2006, 11:56 PM
mine, I dont think it needs a name:D

3g-g
27th May 2006, 01:37 AM
Just a reminder really, I know this has been a short period of time to get the photos in... however there's still time! It's the bank holiday, you'll have your moby with you, so if anything interesting catches your eye be sure to let us all see by getting it on here!

If you're trying to overcome the problem of getting the image onto the website, perhaps you dont have a cable, bluetooth connection or a card reader for your specific memory card, remember that you can send a MMS to an email address. Then save it to your PC and post on here! The quality isn't important, it's the image that we go on!

I don't want to make the other guys feel bad by romping the photo comp as there's not enough other quality pics! ;)

Get snapping!!

G.

E616Vboy123
28th May 2006, 07:04 PM
mine, I dont think it needs a name:D

Mob453: May I ask where that was taken?

hecatae
28th May 2006, 07:14 PM
Mob453: May I ask where that was taken?

Northampton & Lamport Railway

whatleydude
29th May 2006, 12:21 AM
Sunset over Fisherman's Village - Bophut, koh samai - thailand.

Just got back!

Yssybyl
1st June 2006, 09:04 AM
damn, beaten to it with the sunset for this/last month ;)

Although, didn't actually take any pictures during May (except for my cat doing what cats do when they suprise a sparrow, and that was hardly suitable as some of you may look at these pics on your lunch break...) besides, I won last month so only fair to skip an entry.

Lets get the voting started :P

timothythetim
1st June 2006, 11:29 AM
Am I too late? I did take the photo in may, just didn't get round to posting it.
This is a pic taken with my lovely N80 in close up mode (the wee switch on the actual camera). I then used the "Shrink" feature on the phone to make it lovely and small to upload (30KB as opposed to 900KB!)