View Full Version : UK telcos to be studied...

3g-g
24th May 2006, 01:08 AM
I'll be interested as to what the results of this study find. Partly as I'm finding myself doing nearly everything via the web nowadays, and also as it doesn't just include the big 4 ops, there's Virgin, Tesco, Kingston comms in there too.

The Customer Respect Group, an international research and consulting firm that focuses on how corporations treat their online customers, today announced an upcoming Second Quarter 2006 Online Customer Respect Study of the leading Telecommunications firms in the UK.

The study assigns a Customer Respect Index (CRI™) rating to each company. In previous reports, telecommunications companies proved to be poor at respecting customer privacy, regularly sharing personal data without the express permission of the customer. Additionally the results were erratic as regards response to online inquiries.

The CRI is composed of six sub-indices that factor into three meta-concepts identified by customers as their critical concerns when using websites:

Site Usability – How usable is the site to a wide range of users? This includes simplicity (ease of use) and attitude (accessibility).

Communication – How willing is the company to engage in one-on-one communication to answer specific questions? This includes responsiveness (quality of email replies – both speed and helpfulness – response tone and other communication methods).

Trust – Can this site be trusted with your personal data? This includes transparency (clarity and comprehensiveness of privacy policies), principles (respect for data privacy) and privacy (respect for data privacy, clarity and comprehensiveness of privacy policies).

Telecommunications Companies

The Study will review the websites of O2, Orange, Vodafone, 3 (Hutchison 3G UK), T-Mobile (UK), BT, TalkTalk From The Carphone Warehouse, Kingston Communications, Virgin Mobile UK, Toucan, Tesco Mobile, easyMobile, NTL, and Telewest Broadband.

The study is conducted without the support or knowledge of the companies involved.

“Customers are increasingly looking at respect as one of the critical criterion for selecting a vendor. With the consolidations and new players, the telecommunications landscape in the UK has changed greatly over the past 12 months and this study, expanded from previous report, will create a true benchmark” said Terry Golesworthy, president of The Customer Respect Group.

About The Customer Respect Group

The Customer Respect Group is an international research and consulting firm that uses its CRI and methodology to help companies improve their treatment of customers online. Through the expertise of its research team, together with data collected from over 2,500 website evaluations, it is ideally positioned to perform website audits, recommendation improvements and provide benchmark information.

I'm sure, once published their results will be available via their website:

http://www.customerrespect.com/default.asp