View Full Version : Beware the destroyers = Phones4u

Gagz
24th May 2006, 07:46 PM
Hey guys,

Well guess what happend to me yday? :P

Was in town with my mom to sort out some paper work, anyways so after that about 2:30pmish we decided to have a stroll round town (just a general look at shops). So we were next to phones4u and my mom was like "Im thinking of getting a contract phone" :\ (Im on Vodafone contract and shes always using my phone so free calls for her + her PAYG phones been broken for ages). So we looked at the phones4u window and there was a very nice looking Benq 2mp camera phone which she liked.

So we went inside to ask about prices and stuff, there was a poster up saying £309 i think on PAYG but we wanted to see what it costs on Contract. So a sales guy comes over "can i help you?" and i was like "yeh, i like the look of this phone for my mom and wondering how much it costs on Contract"

So he took us over to a desk and smerking and stuff, grabs their contract form and asks my mom her first name (we only wanted to know about price plans), at that point my mom got worried cause she didn't want to sign up to anything there and then. Anyways after he got the first name he asked me if i got a phone and i said yes and he said what network and i said Vodafone at which point about 3 or 4 employees all cheered.

Anyways he went to talk to the manager for a min after i asked again for the 2nd or 3rd time about monthly cost. At this point my mom sneaked out the store cause obviously they were trying to get her to sign up. Anyways he came back and was like "Where your mom gone" and i said shes gone to pick up my brother at which point the smerk on his face got wiped off cause he cant do anything without the person who wanted a contract. I asked about monthly cost and he was like "urm i dont know let me ask the manager" (He did know he just didnt want to tell me cause i wasnt going to sign up for anything) and the manager said its £40 a month for 200mins on Three WHAT A RIP OFF !!

At that point i left the store and wanted to call Watchdog but didn't have their number lol, stay away from phones4u they will try and sign u up before you even know whats going on and avoid price info till the last possible minute !! Their all a bunch of w*nkers that are only after money they dont care about you aslong as they get your signiture.

Gagz

Hands0n
24th May 2006, 08:33 PM
I only ever go into P4U to wipe my shoes on their doormat if I missed what some doggy dropped! I do not like them at all for all the reasons you posted and the fact that they tend to "talk at" you rather than actually listen to what you may have the temerity to actually want.

tuk485
24th May 2006, 09:50 PM
Totally agree with you. The last time I went in they tried to sign me up to a massive contract even though I said that I was only a lite user. I tend to buy my phones direct from the networks on upgrades etc.

hecatae
24th May 2006, 11:22 PM
£40 a month for 200mins on Three WHAT A RIP OFF !!

what tariff is that then?:confused:

Gagz
25th May 2006, 02:57 AM
what tariff is that then?:confused:

Dono he just asked how many Mins i was intrested in and i said 200 and he was like "your looked at around £40 a month on 3" Rip off