View Full Version : T-Mobile & Voda shipping HSDPA Datacards

Ben
25th May 2006, 03:32 PM
http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=2925

So I guess this was already known, but according to TR both T-Mobile and Vodafone are shipping HSDPA-ready datacards to customers now ready for the launch of the service. It's all good.

I'm mentally willing all laptop manufacturers to just make the leap and integrate HSDPA into their products. Using integrated antennae in the screen is a far more graceful solution, not to mention a better one.

maxspank
19th June 2006, 09:46 PM
I'm mentally willing all laptop manufacturers to just make the leap and integrate HSDPA into their products. Using integrated antennae in the screen is a far more graceful solution, not to mention a better one.

You'll be glad to hear that some laptops will have a vodafone hsdpa card built in.

Some more facts about the HSDPA card:

There will be 2 manufacturers of the card Option and Huawei.

Speeds: !.8 Mbps. Peak downloads of around 1.4 Mbps (400-700 Kbps across all coverage areas). Upload speeds of up to 384 Kbps (4x faster than existing 3g speeds).

HSDPA goes live on the 22nd June (if Vodafone can stick to this deadline). Areas that are the first to have HSDPA are: London M25 area, Greater Manchester, Sheffield, Tyneside, Glasgow, and Newbury.

Same priceplans as current 3G cards, although no option to upgrade to the new cards must be purchased (£99 on Data 250 and £49 on Unlimited +Travel)