View Full Version : Where is it? :-)

chagle
1st June 2006, 11:42 PM
Hi there

I have used VB forums before and whenever I started a thread and it was replied to by a 3rd party I would receive an email telling me that there was a reply.... but I can't anything in the User CP area?

I am missing something ? :rolleyes:

Glen.

3g-g
2nd June 2006, 12:00 AM
Chagle,

You can subscribe to the threads within Talk3G, and if you've specified an email address you should recieve an email stating that the thread has been updated.

Above your post (in the top right) are a few options; thread tools, search, rate & display. If you click on the thread tools a drop down should display with the option to subscribe to the thread.

If you're still having problems I suggest that drop Admin a line (https://talk3g.co.uk/sendmessage.php) and they'll get right back to you.

Regards

Graham

chagle
2nd June 2006, 12:05 AM
Done it.

It's always been automatic in the past and always get an email without doing anything - apart from checking and enabling in the CP.

Thanks,

Glen.

Ben
2nd June 2006, 01:43 PM
My personal 'taste' if you will is not to have auto subscriptions - the volume of email produced for big posters, and the server, can be overbearing. I agree it can be a useful feature, though!

crowfield99
2nd June 2006, 03:55 PM
Hi there

I have used VB forums before and whenever I started a thread and it was replied to by a 3rd party I would receive an email telling me that there was a reply.... but I can't anything in the User CP area?

I am missing something ? :rolleyes:

Glen.

Hi Glen,

If you have used vBulletin 2 Forums in the past - then yes they used to automatically subscribe you to threads so you get notified if anyone replied to a thread or post.

To activate these in vBulletin 3 (Same as here) just click on User CP --> Edit Options --> Find "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select "Instant email notification"

This will only work for any threads you then post a reply to AFTER Making these changes, and not to any before...

chagle
2nd June 2006, 05:22 PM
Ahhh doh! Silly me, found it ta.

Just make's life easier I find! Thank you.

Glen.