View Full Version : T-Mobile giving £20pm extra allowance on Flext

Hands0n
4th June 2006, 08:54 PM
T-Mobile are giving away an extra £20 value per month on their Flext 25 and Flext 35 contracts. That means a monthly allowance of £80 and £200 respectively, which is not to be sniffed at!

Full details on their Flext tariff page (http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=plans_flext_get&chosenPricePlan=pmt)and a snazzy little live graph to play around with to see how many Voice Minutes, Texts and MMS you could squeeze out of your monthly allowance.

Does this mean that T-Mobile are now ready to take on more custom? In the past month or so they were overwhelmed by new custom and tried to throttle the uptake.

The value of the Flext has suddenly just got a whole lot better.

Ben
5th June 2006, 12:53 PM
A thousand minutes for £35? That's a five-fold increase on what the networks used to give away for £35 before 3G! Suddenly Flext 25 also looks a lot more attractive.

I think you're right about taking on more custom. This is a clear sign that things have stabalised over at T-Mobile and, assuming this offer is only available direct and online, it looks like they're trying hard to cut out the middle-men.

The sheer transparency of Flext still amazes me to this day... I popped onto Three's website to see how their plans compared these days and got lost in a minefield of half price line rental and bundled content :\

whatleydude
5th June 2006, 01:02 PM
Ok.

I've never considered leaving Vodafone before now.

This is a really interesting prospect..

Hands0n
5th June 2006, 02:49 PM
It is a time-limited offer, expiring end June 2006. But then they keep introducing such offers so if you miss this one, there is bound to be another along sometime real soon now :)

£20 extra Flext allowance per month available from 01.06.06 to 30.06.06 with the purchase of Flext 25, Flext 35, Flext 25 + web 'n' walk or Flext 35 + web 'n' walk. Extra Flext allowance is for calls to local and national numbers, to customers of other UK mobile networks and to retrieve voicemail in the UK, for text messages in the UK and picture messages. Extra Flext allowance applies whilst you are on a Flext price plan. Exclusively when you buy direct.

solo12002
5th June 2006, 08:33 PM
When I thought a good offer could not get better T-Mobile prove me wrong and make the offer even better. I currently have web and walk pro with flext 35.

Well done t-mobile, only please add some more CS staff for support

Hands0n
6th June 2006, 12:25 AM
I tried to "upgrade" to WNW Pro but T-Mobile won't let me until I've seen out the first six months of the contract. Even though I'll be paying them more money it is actualy a "downgrade" of my price plan!

I bought into their 25% discounted for life Flext 35 + WNW which was a single bundled deal. So in order to go to WNW Pro I'd have to downgrade to just Flext 35 (with the 25% discount) and then add on WNW Pro for £10 a month (undiscounted and unbundled). It is the unbundling that is causing the problem in my case.

So I guess I'll have to just hang about for another 3-1/2 months until I can do the deed, and T-Mob will have to wait a while longer to get more money out of me :)

Crazy innit?! But I can see where they're coming from, even if the CS and me both agreed it was silly in cold cash terms.

solo12002
7th June 2006, 08:03 PM
now heres a story about t-mobile. I obtained the t-mobile flext 35 and web and walk on the MDA Pro.

I found the handset to be rather large and not the best to use as a mobile phone. In ligt of this I contacted t-mobile requested to return the hand set and to be changed to the nokia N70.

Guess what tonight I have found my t-mobile account to be closed and on phoning CS have been informed that distant sell regs permitt this, one I asked for a chane in my handset i infacted cancalled my contract.

Whats your thoughts

Ben
7th June 2006, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a breakdown in communication... ie the person you spoke to assumed that you were cancelling your contract so you could take out an N70 instead. Looks like you'll just have to start over I guess unless they can reverse it... O_o

Not good, though. At all.

solo12002
7th June 2006, 09:00 PM
Ay ben I can start over again less the 25% off and the prerson I did speak to was fully aware that i wanted to swap handsets not cancel

Ben
7th June 2006, 09:27 PM
But perhaps swapping handsets involves cancelling but they failed to make you aware of that? It's very very odd. Can you cancel the cancellation? O_o Funny state of affairs!

solo12002
7th June 2006, 09:39 PM
lol well long story first it took them weeks to send it out due to demand, and thats fine, only they dint contact me to inform me of this.

Secondly I got a PAYG sim card from them due to cheap x net calls and the sim was reg in someone elses name and would not work took me 4 hrs on the phone and 5 days for them to fix.

Thridly I got a handset explaine that it was to large and I had problems using it due to disabillity and theg agreed that i could return it as I was within the 5 day period, they did not inform me that it would cancel my contract.

After that Im not sure I want to take out another contract with them poor CS takes ages to get hold of them. I ll look round for another network while I hate three I maybe able to get a half price rental dael with them or another network. I am disapointed in t-mobile

Hands0n
7th June 2006, 10:00 PM
Gosh! What a tale of woe. My experiences with them, albeit fairly minimal, have been 180deg the opposite. No probs getting through to their CS teams, and very helpful when I do. I even emailed them my Web N Walk Pro question from the website and they phoned me back, asking if it was a convenient time to talk - which it was. I was impressed.

It just goes to show that the CS experience can be a very personal thing. And in my opinion it should not be, and shows the weakness in the CS proposition for all the mobile ops. Who does it best? I really don't know anymore, whereas a while back I would have had a very clear answer. For my money I would go with Vodafone and T-Mobile in that order, closely followed by O2 and leaving Orange and 3 to fight it out between themselves.