View Full Version : three network 6630 - internet settings restricted?

djkenod
5th June 2006, 02:57 PM
Hi,
Is there a way round three's internet settings, i paid for the mobile website feature expecting to get access to all sites on the internet but again i am restricted (what a rip-off) if there any way i can bypass the restrictions so i can access websites?

Hope you can help, i curse the day i signed up with Three! lol

:mad:

Matt

Ben
5th June 2006, 03:30 PM
Hi,

You need to plump for the full wireless web add-on. It's about £15 if my memory serves me correctly.

Welcome to Talk3G!

jeffster
19th June 2006, 04:15 AM
Matt / Ben,

I too have a Nokia 6630 on "3", and thankfully am 4 months away from ending my contract, and jumping ship to T-Mobile's Flext offering, using hopefully a Nokia N80, or better still, Sony Ericsson M600i (anyone know if / when T-Mobile plan to release these phones ?)

I signed up for Mobile websites, expecting to be able to access the web fully, especially the WAP site of Runbox (www.runbox.com), who are my chosen email provider, but Runbox is not in 3's list of approved sites, despite me suggesting it on no less than 5 ocassions.

The wireless web add-on is available in two variants, costing £15 or £45 a month, BUT they only allow you to use your phone as a modem through which to browse the web on a laptop ( see http://www.three.co.uk/explore/howmuch/addons/payMonthlyindex05.omp )

This to me is totally different to checking email / "snack browsing" on a Mobile handset.

Add the fact that I find it difficult to have a verbally intelligible conversation with 3 CS, and the end of my 3 contract on 23rd October cant come quick enough...

3GScottishUser
19th June 2006, 09:16 AM
Welcome to Talk3g.co.uk.

I think many of us here have already experienced the type of frustration you have described. It beggers belief that a new high tech, high speed 3G network places so many obsticales in the way of using a mobile for straightforward purposes that have been established norms for years.

Your choice of the N80 is very wise, as is your choice of tariff. Flext really does seem to be running away with the market presently but dont ignore 02's 1000 X/Net mins + 150 SMS for £35/month (3G Tariff) or Vodafone's On-Line deals with Stop The Clock. October is a little way off so who knows - there might be some even better deals then as the peak sales season approaches and more handsets become available.

Stick with us here and we'll try and keep you informed re the latest deals and developments!!

3g-g
19th June 2006, 03:51 PM
Ach, might as well throw in a welcome from myself too!

Just feeling the need to drop Orange in the mix also ;). 1000 texts and 100 anytime/anynetwork minutes on a 12 month contract for £35 a month, or if you're a crazy thumb fiend, £20 a month gets you 3000 texts a month! I'm sure I saw a billboard with one of those stupid animal tariffs, Fishy one I think, with 1750 texts and 300 mins a month for £35!

T-Mob definately have the place sorted for value for money currently, but as 3GSU points out both O2 and Voda have some nice offers also. You'll get more extras if you sign for longer, it all depends if you want tied in for the long haul!