View Full Version : Orange Mobile & Broadband: Goldfish Bowl Advert

Ben
8th June 2006, 12:54 AM
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=33731

If you haven't seen this latest Orange advert yet, take a moment to view the free Broadband version at the link above at trusty old visit4info.

The first time I saw this advert I was confused. At first sight I thought it was maybe for O2, but in time I was overwhelmed by all the subtle branding hints throughout that we haven't seen from Orange in such a long time. Now the more I see it the more I love it, and I think it's a real return to form for Orange's branding and an enormous step in the right direction at a time of convergence that can only result in the Orange brand taking a temporary battering. Not that the last few years haven't been battering enough...

I don't think you can fault the simplicity of the advert. It's filled with connotations of connection, community and freedom together with an aspirational story and beautiful soundtrack. Whether there's a pun in there that attacks Three's data policy and even T-Mobile's mixed messages about Web n Walk is down to your own perception.

Where has this level of branding expertise been hiding? Is it back for good? Are Orange to return to form as the aspirational and energising brand that they once were? Or is it just a fish in a bowl?

3g-g
8th June 2006, 02:02 AM
I didn't take any other network digs from it myself, however, it's been the first Orange advert in quite a while (cinema ones excluded) that I've really liked. Lovely soundtrack, simple message and some lovely photography... I like the looking up to the surface as the rain moves over the water.

With Orange now doing Broadband and Mobile I hope that the adverts stay on this track and don't deviate!

Ben
10th June 2006, 07:53 PM
It looks like the advert has been a big hit, amongst us folks anyway ;) It's definitely a step back on the right track for the Orange brand.