View Full Version : The Sharp 770SH from Vodafone

Ben
8th June 2006, 01:03 AM
From Vodafone:

"Vodafone are happy to announce the arrival of the Sharp 770SH, and offer you the opportunity to be among the first to own one.

Summary information

Pay monthly: from Free

Vodafone live! with 3G handset
1.3 mega pixel digital camera
Video calling and streaming
Bluetooth connectivity
Music player with flight mode

The Sharp 770SH is the perfect phone to mix business with pleasure."

Their words not mine! linky dink dink (http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPayMonthlyHandsetDet ails&action=getPayMonthlyHandsetDetails&variationID=540&manufacturer=Sharp&model=770SH)

getti
28th June 2006, 02:57 PM
Also on PAYG for £150

Graham Archbold
2nd July 2006, 06:15 PM
Having had the phone a few days now I can say it's an excellent all rounder. It's design is sleek and sexy. The ergonomics are good when it comes to button bashing. The 2.2" screen is crisp and clear, especially great for viewing Vodaphone's live Mobile TV and for viewing pictures taken on the 1.3 MP camera. That's the pleasure side, as for business, emailing and internet work smoothly and the software poses no problems.

I'm still getting to grips with it but so far the only negaitive factors are that there's no auto-flip and that the font size for texts can't be adjusted. The other features, voice calls, internet access and emailing, for example, all perform excellently.

I haven't tested out the video calls yet, has anyone any experience with video calls using the handset?

For all you need to know before buying: http://my-sharp-770sh.blogspot.com/

Hands0n
2nd July 2006, 06:26 PM
Welcome to Talk3G Graham - nice blog on the Sharp 770. I'm sure that after a while on here you'll be one of the resident experts :D There is always bound to be someone who can answer your questions.

The 770 certainly looks the part - how easy is the flat keypad to use? Has it any "feel" compared to a more traditional keypad?

I'd imagine Video Calling to be pretty much the same on any handset given the limitations of the standards and the technology itself. Hopefully someone can bear that out with the 770.

Graham Archbold
4th July 2006, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I'm glad to have found a forum that discusses this model - there don't seem to be any around.

Stealth marketing
Sharp doesn't put the same amount of effort into marketing their phones as the likes of Motorola and LG do, and so their new releases just seem to slip quietly onto the market. Without a fanfare to announce their arrival it takes sites like these to spread the word. And a good thng too: quality speaks for itself.

Keypad
About the flat keypad. Getting a satisfying and reassuring 'click' is essential for user interaction. With the 770SH you get the tactile response (the buttons move in a little, sort of yield to you) but its totally muted. So anyone used to getting a clear click may find it a little unresponsive at first. The simple solution is, however, to add a keypad tone which is easily done under phone settings so that there's a sound too. Perfectly responsive.

Ben
4th July 2006, 01:28 AM
Welcome, Graham.

I'd certainly like to have a play with one of these. Vodafone have tapped the Sharp line of phones well, producing a credible list of exclusives that while not overly popular have been gracious and well-liked. I'm sure this is a partnership that we haven't heard the end of just yet.

I'm glad you're enjoying your 770SH. I hope you'll keep us up to date on your experiences.

tcl
15th August 2006, 11:08 AM
This phone is great, but in response to Graham you can adjust the font size for texts - at least I am sure i have done it! I think its in advanced options

Jeroen
30th August 2006, 08:42 AM
Hello, im Jeroen from The Netherlands.

I also have the Sharp 770SH and just wanna say it's a good phone.

But I have a problem. I got my phone from Vodafone. But didn't had a Transfer Cable delivered with it.

And I allready called Vodafone, they don't have it.
And Also emailed Sharp but still ain't got a reply on it.

So that is why I post in here.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET USB DATA TRANSFER CABLE
COMPUTER -> SHARP 770SH.

Plz hope someone knows the answer.

PS: If there ain't cables on the market, then does anyone with the same phone, using Bluetooth kit for tranferring data from Computer to the phone if so, what Bluetooth kit U are using, How is it, Easy 2 install etc etc.

Thanks allready!:confused:

Ben
30th August 2006, 09:54 AM
Hi, welcome to Talk3G :)

You should be able to transfer items to and from your phone using any Bluetooth dongle connected to your computer provided that the Sharp has full Bluetooth support.

As for a cable, try a Google Search (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=770SH+USB+CABLE&meta=) - some of those results look helpful.

Jeroen
30th August 2006, 11:34 AM
Hi, welcome to Talk3G :)

You should be able to transfer items to and from your phone using any Bluetooth dongle connected to your computer provided that the Sharp has full Bluetooth support.

As for a cable, try a Google Search (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=770SH+USB+CABLE&meta=) - some of those results look helpful.

Ah ok didn't know that my Sharp has full Bluetooth support good 2 know that.

And what u said I should look for a cable on google search I allready did. Can't find anything. First tried in The Netherlands. Didn't find a thing. Then I tried global but didn't find anything also.

BTW this is how I got on this forum, I was looking for Sharp 770SH:D

Ben
30th August 2006, 12:27 PM
Hi,

Sorry, I think you misunderstood my post. I don't know if the Sharp 770SH has full Bluetooth support, you will need to check that out.

Here's one of the links from Google: http://www.sharp-phone.com/country/accessories/accessories.php?country=GB&lang=en&product=770 - that gives you the part number you need, XN-1DC30, which may help. It seems there are some UK sites offering the accessory, but as for the Netherlands your mileage may vary.

Hands0n
30th August 2006, 06:25 PM
It might be worth checking to see if there are any USB cables for that handset on EBay :)

mobileguynz
2nd September 2006, 05:15 AM
Hi just thought I would add that not having a cable should not be a issue.

2 things that I use are:
a. Bluetooth USB Dongle real cheap
b. As you have a memory card you can get a usb memeory card reader.

Its a great phone from Sharp / Vodafone.

The keypad, txt messaging and the contact address book are great.

walkirie
12th September 2006, 08:49 PM
Hello , I bought the sharp 770SH a few weeks ago , I think is a very good telephone , I got the 512MB micro sd memory card, can somebody tell me if the 770SH can use also 1GB memory card ? ?

Ben
13th September 2006, 01:21 AM
I can't say for sure but it's likely. Welcome to Talk3G!

walkirie
14th September 2006, 03:22 PM
Hello , I am Enrico from London UK , I want to give a advice , to clean the screen of the mobile is better to use the same wet wipes to clean the screen of the PC , laptops and TFT LCD screen TV , is possible to get this "wet wipes" at the computer shop , the screen of the 770SH is not scratch resistant

3g-g
14th September 2006, 04:35 PM
Hello , I am Enrico from London UK , I want to give a advice , to clean the screen of the mobile is better to use the same wet wipes to clean the screen of the PC , laptops and TFT LCD screen TV , is possible to get this "wet wipes" at the computer shop , the screen of the 770SH is not scratch resistant

It's true! ;)

barbe
25th September 2006, 12:38 PM
hiya, i'v just recently got this phone and think its great (already owned 2 sharps previously). The camera quality is superb and always getting comments from friends about it.

question though....was thinking of buying a bluetooth headset to use with this as my handsfree that came with the phone was stolen from my car (i know, no use without the phone but hey, obviously worth nicking!). Can i buy any type of headset or do i look for one which will be compatiable with only sharp? please help;)

Ben
25th September 2006, 12:59 PM
Hello, welcome to Talk3G :)

To the best of my understanding any Bluetooth headset will be compatible.

walkirie
2nd July 2007, 10:50 AM
I can't say for sure but it's likely. Welcome to Talk3G!

Hi , The Sharp 770SH can also take 1GB microSd memory, I already installed one inside my phone , the unlock code here in United Kingdom is 627247467069 , :)