View Full Version : T-Mobile's "Flext"

chagle
8th June 2006, 08:53 PM
Hi all,

Signed up for Flext and the Nokia 6280. Should arrive tomorrow... Yippeeeeee

Can anyone tell me if non-geo numbers (0845 / 0870 etc.) can be used against the "allowance" ?

Thanks all.... :-)

Glen.

Hands0n
8th June 2006, 09:20 PM
Nope! Flext is any UK national network number with specific exclusion of non-geo. That seems to be the policy of all the mobile networks without exception.

Hope you get on well with the 6280 as I have. T-Mobile have just turnedon their Web N Walk so Opera Mini is no longer needed - unless, of course, you don't subscribe to WNW and are happy to pay their data access charges :eek:

Having come to the S40 6280 from the S60 6680 I can say that I am happily surprised at the ease of use of the 6280 over the latter. The 6280 just does everything so much more speedily than did the 6680. Clearly there are some omissions in S40 compared to S60, but these are not sufficient to cause anything more than a slight wanting.

chagle
8th June 2006, 09:28 PM
Hi there HandsOn, :)

Strange you say about the non-geo numbers. I have a contract with O2 and they never charge for non-geo numbers, always FREE within my free minutes. I too was shocked at this!! But I wonder how long before they realise!

O2 have also started charging for data now... it was free!

I have also signed up for Web 'n walk.

So you can browse the net (as such) from the handset without Opera Mini?

Another question HandsOn, :-) I'm not interested in itemised billing - but the online billing within "My T-Mobile" does that give you itemised billing? If you know what I mean?

Thanks.... :-)

Glen

Hands0n
8th June 2006, 09:37 PM
Ah, I didn't know that about O2 (although I can't remember who on here has said before that they didn't charge for data until recently).

Prior to T-Mobile releasing Web N Walk for the 6280 (which uses Opera Mini) the only solution was to either use the 6280's WAP browser :p or to load up Opera Mini (from the Opera.com website) and use that, which worked really well indeed.

But this week T-Mobile released their WNW Opera Mini into production. You may have to go on to T-Mobile's website to initiate a handset set-up SMS from them (on your PC go to http://www.T-Mobile.co.uk/6280 ). You enter a security code, give them your phone number and they automatically send you an SMS set-up message. The website has full instructions what to do after you have received the message.

The on-line billing on the T-Mobile website is superb. It gives you full information on your billed units. It also has a very current reading of unbilled units (voice, message and data). It also lets you know how much of your allowance has been used up - although you also get automated SMS messages to that effect, unless you tell them to stop sending them!

chagle
8th June 2006, 09:41 PM
Looks like I'm going to have have lot's of play with tomorrow then!

Thanks for all your feedback matey - I shall let you know how I get on. Quite looking forward to a new network and phone. Been with O2 too long now...

Glen.

Hands0n
8th June 2006, 09:57 PM
You're very welcome. I just hope that nothing on T-Mobile lets you down. Flext + WNW is such an exciting proposition, and I have had nothing but success with it from day one!

Looking forward to your account of the experience :)

chagle
8th June 2006, 10:00 PM
Speak v. soon! :-)