View Full Version : Threepay SIMs drying up?

Hands0n
14th April 2005, 11:45 PM
I noticed [tonight] that the number of eBay offers of Threepays SIMs seems to be drying up somewhat. A few months back there were page after page of listings. Now a search for "Threepay SIM" results in not much more than 11 distinct offers! I suppose pretty soon these will be as rare as the proverbial hens teeth. Shame really that Three don't offer the SIMS as do other networks.

miffed
18th April 2005, 07:04 PM
I this may be down to the fact that Threepay handsets are not selling (or as available) as they were before Xmas

(PM me for the Hens teeth ;) , I know a man.... )

3GScottishUser
18th April 2005, 11:23 PM
3 have been putting pressure on e-bay to stop the distribution of Threepay SIMS (Box Splitting) as they apparently retain ownership of the intellectual property rights of the USIM's.

As miffed rightly stated the handsets have dried up so that probably explains why they are scarce for now. Its doubful if there will be a glut of those again in the near future unless 3 UK get desparate.

Jon3G
19th April 2005, 12:22 AM
I am surprised 3 have not offered free sims, they have tried everything else to get customers

3GScottishUser
19th April 2005, 07:11 AM
They would but the only significant numbers of 3G handsets that can use their network have been paid for by them!!! So no point. Perhaps when others have customers who have passed the 12 month milestone we might see this on offer but I doubt if the numbers will be very signifiacnt for some time to come.