View Full Version : Build a 3G Web Site!

Alio
15th June 2006, 10:44 PM
Hi all,

Found a new UK service (www.wizmysite.com (http://www.wizmysite.com)) it lets you build your own full colour mobile web site, it's pretty cool plus it's "free" I used it to build a site for a youth football team that I run. www.wizmysite.com/personal/mpfc_u14s/ (http://www.wizmysite.com/personal/mpfc_u14s/)

It's a bit like myspace, "but better" as you get a web site that's fully mobile and you can create pages, galleries and other stuff.......upload video clips, digital photos, and audio clips to funk up your site!

hecatae
16th June 2006, 01:13 AM
or you could go and work for www.todayon3g.co.uk as a reviewer.

Ben
16th June 2006, 01:25 AM
or you could go and work for www.todayon3g.co.uk as a reviewer.
Todayon3G has a mobile site now? :p The way I read the OP it suggests that this is a site for making mobile phone content.

Alio
17th June 2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks Ben......you got it!:)

Like I said......It's simply a new service for people who wish to create a personal mobile content site of there own......which can be viewed via normal web browsers (PC's) and on your smartphone in full colour.

Apologies if I have placed my first message in the wrong part of the forum.......:rolleyes:

Hands0n
17th June 2006, 11:14 AM
Excellent find - fancy a go at that myself :D

A useful function would be to create a "Pay Me" webpage on a site like that with a link to your PayPal or similar account so you can take payments from people by Credit Card or Debit Card using your mobile in the field. I have a similar page on my own website but it does not resolve on the mobile so well, even with fiddling. Something purpose made for mobile content might fit the bill better :cool:

This thread is probably better in the Other Technology and OT Discussion - we'll move it over there during the weekend :)

Alio
17th June 2006, 11:38 AM
Excellent find - fancy a go at that myself :D

A useful function would be to create a "Pay Me" webpage on a site like that with a link to your PayPal or similar account so you can take payments from people by Credit Card or Debit Card using your mobile in the field. I have a similar page on my own website but it does not resolve on the mobile so well, even with fiddling. Something purpose made for mobile content might fit the bill better :cool:

This type of function will be available for users of the service in a few months, as "PayPal Mobile" is now available so users with a "Wizmy" mobile web site will be able to send and make payments via a PayPal mobile/web page feature.

PayPal Mobile offers you the opportunity to pay family or friends, buy goods or services or even donate to charity any time, anywhere – without a PC.

Hands0n
17th June 2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks.

I have a series of "Pay Me" links for my business which buy goods and services (i.e. Time) from me from non-PayPal users i.e. the average punter. Essentially using it as a POS terminal to collect payment in the field. It works great at at desktop PC, but not (yet) on a mobile. I'm hoping that I can get this functionality to work using something like Wizmysite.com

I can't get them to work on Wizmysite.com but it is not a problem, just something on my wishlist :)

Hands0n
18th June 2006, 08:35 PM
Okay, been having some fun with Wizmysite - it is quite whizzy but basic, could do with some enhancements to improve the functionality. Specifically it needs to be able to include http links in the text (these just appear as normal text), and it could do with allowing some more file types, such as Nokia theme files - ideal fodder for such little mobile sites.

Have a look at my first efforts on http://www.wizmysite.com/darkstar (and old and long-time fave movie of mine if you're wondering).

Alio
18th June 2006, 10:51 PM
Had a look at your new 3G site.....it's pretty good......like the vids:D

As for the publisher edit functions......it's basic for a quite a few reasons, however there is an advanced user edit version coming soon!

plus all edit functionality is being moved to the front-end soon, so you will be able to edit what you see when logged in viewing your site. Oh! and a load of other pretty cool stuff that I cant mention yet;)

Hope you have fun with it:)

Hands0n
18th June 2006, 11:39 PM
*blush* Thanks re the 3G site, it was fun putting it together so far. Got some more ideas and work to do on it. Look forward to the new features, whatever they are :D

I think this may well turn out to be quite a nifty little idea. As more mobile ops include amounts of data in their bundles facilities like this will no doubt grow in popularity. Taking the Internet mobile will be a challenge - it is not easy to code websites for both delivery methods. But simple access to information and data will be a big plus via mobile.

Wish you all the success with Wizmysite :)

Alio
19th June 2006, 11:00 PM
I think this may well turn out to be quite a nifty little idea. As more mobile ops include amounts of data in their bundles facilities like this will no doubt grow in popularity. Taking the Internet mobile will be a challenge - it is not easy to code websites for both delivery methods. But simple access to information and data will be a big plus via mobile.

Yep this is pretty much the idea behind the service........"giving users the means to really become part of the mobile Internet world in their own personal way is key - interact and contribute unique content and data via user driven imagination will only benefit the mobile web as a new media to communicate and express"........."anyway will keep you posted on new features to the service, and thanks for the feedback so far" :)