View Full Version : Vodafone and Vertex part ways

maxspank
16th June 2006, 09:42 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/5086676.stm

Vodafone's contract with outsourced call centre Vertex will end 3rd November 2006, 3 months ahead of the original contract end date.

It's a shame because I have enjoyed working for Vodafone, and Vertex have fought hard to keep the contract. The way I understand it Vodafone told us they were reducing it's outsourcing from 4 centres to 2, this was a few months back, and yesterday we were told that we had lost the contract.

Ben
17th June 2006, 01:06 AM
Sorry to hear that :( Do you imagine they'll be doing more in-house now?

bsrjl1
19th June 2006, 11:17 AM
Have they still got the Orange call-centre in Vertex (for the second time)? Lots of nice women up there, great views :-)

maxspank
19th June 2006, 09:37 PM
Vodafone will still use 2 outsourcing centres, and they have their own call centres as well, but I don't think it'll be more in house seing as they closed one of their own call centres earlier this year.

I think Vertex may have an Orange contract but I'm not sure where it is.

maxspank
10th October 2006, 01:24 AM
The Vodafone contract has been extended to 28th Feb, which is good news. I was getting a little worried as they have been unable to secure any other contracts.

Alio
10th October 2006, 07:46 PM
Is the cuts due to simply cost!

Do Vertex do any other call center work for other networks?

bsrjl1
10th October 2006, 11:14 PM
Not sure if they still do Orange? The rest seemed to be M&S, car insurance & some on-line betting. But that was some time ago.

maxspank
11th October 2006, 01:06 AM
I think they still do Orange. They do M&S, Tesco homephone, Lloyds TSB, government contracs also.

rabmc
12th October 2006, 11:16 PM
Vodafone also use TSC as outsourcers - could be they are either better priced or providing a better service.... :confused:

mmc1502
1st December 2006, 02:46 AM
Just something I thought i'd share with all those people affected by the contract cancellation with Vodafone and Vertex.
I work at Vodafone's newest outsourcer called FirstSource in Belfast. We won the business from Vertex to basically do what you guys do along with some other processes for Vodafone such as Collections and Vodafone @ home broadband.
The reason why the contract with Vodafone and Vertex ended was simply down to cost, Vodafone are currently using 5 outsourcers and that includes Vertex to handle all their calls and basically the company want to reduce that down to 3, which they already have which means the 3 call centres staying our - Garlands, TSC and FirstSource the others loosing contracts our Vertex and Conduit.
Vodafone are focusing on streamlining their business and the only reason I know this is because the vodafone in house training team told me.
It's a bit of a shame people are loosing out but if i'm totally honest the service that customers recieved from Vertex wasn't exactly what Vodafone was looking for and this is another reason behind the move.

Ben
1st December 2006, 10:32 AM
Vodafone's streamlining is evident in retail at the moment, with Vodafone culling Carphone Warehouse and then Fone Logistics with a few more distributors set to face the chop in the new year. Lord only knows what they're gearing up for!

Welcome to Talk3G!

maxspank
27th February 2007, 09:45 PM
Well the Vodafone contract leaves Vertex tomorrow, it was my last day working for Vodafone today :'( In response mmc1502's comments, Vodafone did drop Vertex due to costs and nothing to do with service, in fact most of the time we were sorting out mess caused by Belfast, Cardiff, and Phones4U.

OU rcall centre has won another M&S contract, (which is shitty, I helped set in December) I'll miss working for Vodafone, and I'll probably apply to work in the Inverness store, that could be fun.

No more insider news from me for a while :(

3g-g
27th February 2007, 11:06 PM
Well the Vodafone contract leaves Vertex tomorrow, it was my last day working for Vodafone today :'( In response mmc1502's comments, Vodafone did drop Vertex due to costs and nothing to do with service, in fact most of the time we were sorting out mess caused by Belfast, Cardiff, and Phones4U.

OU rcall centre has won another M&S contract, (which is shitty, I helped set in December) I'll miss working for Vodafone, and I'll probably apply to work in the Inverness store, that could be fun.

No more insider news from me for a while :(

Good luck fella, perhaps you should get yourself down to Glasgow to work for O2 or T-Mobile?! :)

Hands0n
28th February 2007, 12:31 AM
.......... or 3 ?? .................

................... I'll get my coat :D

getti
28th February 2007, 07:58 AM
You could still get in with 3 in Glasgow. They are still keeping the centre there and it will be for business customers to get customer service

Ben
28th February 2007, 09:04 AM
They could certainly use Vodafone-trained advisors :p