View Full Version : Sony Ericsson K610im i-mode

Ben
19th June 2006, 12:57 PM
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/06/19/sony_ericsson_3g_i-mode_phone/

An i-mode version of the K610 has been announced by Sony Ericsson:

The K610im is a classic Sony Ericsson handset design - it's cased in black and there's a landscape-oriented two-megapixel, 2.5x digital zoom camera on the back. The addition of 3G support includes an extra, front-mounted camera for video calls. The screen is a 1.9in, 176 x 220, 262,144-colour job.

The handset has 16MB of user-accessible memory on board, expandable using MemoryStick Micro cards - there's a 64MB card in the box, Sony Ericsson said. There's all the usual media playback - it supports over-the-air downloads, along with OMA and i-mode DRM technologies. It offers the full range of phone messaging facilities, in addition to the extra mail and messaging tools i-mode offers.
Not a bad little i-mode handset there!

Alio
20th June 2006, 07:24 PM
Looks quite cool!

PaulH
1st January 2007, 08:53 PM
there's a 64MB card in the box, Sony Ericsson said!

True, but Sony Ericsson have neglected to include a handsfree kit (or anything to listen to music by other than the loudspeaker).

Also, having owned this phone for 3 days now, i have discovered that the phone likes to turn itself off randomly. I'm still looking into what is causing this, however im beginning to believe it may be the M2 card.

On the note of the M2 card, this is apparently hot swapable.. 'Tis not true. The phone fails to recognise the 64MB sony card if it's inserted whilst the phone is on. Truely Brilliant.