Messages > Video Messages View Video Messages & Video Mailbox Number Is there actually a Video Mailbox Number? Or is this funcation simply not enabled?">

Video Messages [Archive] - Talk3G Mobile Phone Forums - Help, discussion, news and reviews

View Full Version : Video Messages

chagle
19th June 2006, 04:19 PM
Hi all

I'm sure if this feature is supposed to be a "as is" feature dependant on Network..

But on a Nokia 6280 > Messages > Video Messages

View Video Messages & Video Mailbox Number

Is there actually a Video Mailbox Number? Or is this funcation simply not enabled?

I received a Voice Message t'other day and thought it was a neat feature as would a Video Message..... Of course you could send one by MMS.....

Glen.

Ben
19th June 2006, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure that T-Mobile has a video mailbox... I don't remember hearing of one at least. Best way to check it out would be to try video calling yourself with the handset switched off I'd imagine, see what happens!

chagle
19th June 2006, 06:22 PM
Mmm, good idea but I only have one handset. So not sure if I can videocall myself with the handset off! :)

Maybe I'll try and get someone to do it for me... I like the idea of a video mailbox.. seem neat. :)

Thanks Ben...!

How's the N80 going BTW?

Ben
19th June 2006, 06:35 PM
Going good thanks! Since I flashed the firmware everything, touch wood, has been absolutely flawless (*does a little dance to the tune of The One's - Flawless*).

AFAIK it's only 3 that has a credible video answerphone. Orange take video messages and then MMS them to the subscriber, or at least they used to.

Hands0n
19th June 2006, 09:44 PM
No video mailbox on T-Mobile as yet, if ever. Although I suppose this would be a logical extension of the technology as 3 implimented it. But considering that T-Mobile have been playing down the 3G angle big time, I rather doubt if anything will pop up in the immediate future.

Edit: You could try calling yourself, as Ben says. Your handset will obviously be busy to the incoming call and if a Videomailbox existed the call should hit that, as would a voice call. I just get the busy tone.

chagle
19th June 2006, 09:59 PM
No problem, a nice feature but in a few years time then!

I've got more than enough to keep me going now anyway, New 6280 arrived today! Still got the reappearing Voice mailbox option in the GOTO menu that won't go away. AND still got the problem with predictive in text messaging...! :-(

I tried it all before actually doing anything major with the phone!!

O'yea, I've got Sky+ Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Hands0n
20th June 2006, 12:08 AM
O'yea, I've got Sky+ Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Green

Don't rub it in :D