View Full Version : Help with MP3's etc

cheapchick
21st June 2006, 09:58 AM
I have the z500 pink on vodafone, i have just bought some mp3's, one of which was sold as a text tone, however, on trying to set as a text tone it doesn't appear in the list presumably because it's an mp3!! They are also DRM files which means I can't take them off my phone and change the file type! Does anyone have any clues. Is this just a vodafone thing? I am going to get my phone debranded to get rid of the horrible vodafone live menus as I detest them, but was just wondering if after doing this it frees the phone up to use mp3's as text tones etc etc.

Ben
26th June 2006, 05:17 PM
A debrand might help... Vodafone has been known to stop you using your own MP3's as ringtones etc and instead forcing customers to buy it's own DRM protected content.

Have you had it done yet? If so, please do let us know how it went.

3GScottishUser
26th June 2006, 10:35 PM
I am not sure about this but if DRM is involved the debranding won't help. The Z500 is fine for MP3's but I dont buy DRM stuff so I dont know if such tracks can be used as ringtones etc.

I will investigate and update when I have some solid info.

cheapchick
27th June 2006, 08:50 AM
The debranding didn't sort out the locked files, it appears they are DRM files, grrr! HOwever, the performance of the phone seems much better, faster brighter and more colourful menus etc. There are certain features vodafone had that it doesn't now but I'm not too worried about that really!