View Full Version : New Exclusive Phones Direct from 3

3GScottishUser
27th June 2006, 04:07 PM
As with the LG U890 and U300 3 UK have quietly added a few more interesting choices to their on-line range.

Now added are the Nokia N80, e61, SonyEricsson K610i, K800 and some colour varients of the Motorola V3x, LG U300 and Nokia 6280. Also arriving in July will be the new music featured LG U400 Neo.

It does not look like 3 UK are making these available to dealers presently, direct deals appear to be exclusive to their own Internet Store for now.

Hands0n
27th June 2006, 11:55 PM
They are also banging out the brand new, latest and greatest, Nokia 6280r, cor!
What's that? What is a 6280r? Well of course it is the 6280 refurbished................ Apparently they "got one or two back" after the initial launch. Enough to warrant a dedicated web page to selling them off.

Ben
28th June 2006, 12:00 AM
Well there's no surprise there I guess! The good news is that a software flash will have been all that was needed to make these 6280r's back into wonderful phones. A good chance at a bargain perhaps?

Hands0n
28th June 2006, 12:11 AM
Not sure of the "bargain" bit ... http://threestore.three.co.uk/offerdetails.aspx?offercode=18DS14OL39 The non-r is free with contract also! So I can't see the benefit of taking a used handset versus a brand new unit.

I'd like to have seen these on Threepay for a reasonable [read bargain] price though!

3GScottishUser
28th June 2006, 12:17 AM
I suspect 3 UK are no longer in the mainstream...they are playing a game. No longer with unlimited finance from Hong Kong they are restricting themselves to promoting new handsets to 'Direct' customers who are prepared to buy on-line - just a few thousand.... but the website can show product availability of course... perhaps retentions may also have access to thie handsets not offered by dealers????

All things considered a pretty minimal offering..... 3 are getting hammered by the others on just about every deal now ... check www.mobdeal.com

hecatae
28th June 2006, 08:55 PM
threestore.three.co.uk is run by OSPS

3GScottishUser
28th June 2006, 10:02 PM
OSPS = OneStopPhoneShop which is a subsidury company of Carphonewarehouse.plc. Absolutely nothing to do with 3 UK whatsoever.

The 3 on-line site is the network's direct sales outlet and has nothing to do with dealers.

hecatae
28th June 2006, 10:45 PM
The 3 on-line site is the network's direct sales outlet and has nothing to do with dealers.

prove it, or wont you even try using their checkout to see where the hyperlinks go to.:p

Ben
29th June 2006, 01:33 AM
Without getting to the checkout I am unable to verify whether or not Three work with OSPS for their online store, though I can't see why they wouldn't - it's certainly a quicker and easier way of doing things than managing their own inventory. They outsource everything else.

It'd be nice to see some kind of press release or article about their choice of partner for the online store though? All the store officially says is Direct Solutions with no link, which gives absolutely no clue.

3GScottishUser
29th June 2006, 08:46 AM
OSPS use a third party for order processing called 'secure-basket.co.uk', 3 UK perform all on-line processing themselves. There appers to be little similarity and no direct hyperlinks between the 3 store and OSPS.

OSPS has been integrated into CPW and often features similar offers to their other on-line site e2save.com. The big giveaway is when CPW have exclusive products like the Motorola V3 Pink for a while which featured heavily on all their sites.

hecatae
16th July 2006, 02:12 AM
it's

prophet.dialaphone.co.uk

not osps, but dialaphone.

so is dialaphone dropping 3, or has it got an exclusive contract to do all it's online direct tariffs on the 3 website, or has it been bought by 3?:confused:

Ben
16th July 2006, 02:27 AM
(references here: https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2660 )