View Full Version : It's out on Three....!!!!

Chewy
27th June 2006, 07:33 PM
http://threestore.three.co.uk/

getti
28th June 2006, 11:55 AM
Well its out with a company who deal with 3. Anyone already on 3 who wants to upgrade will have to wait a bit longer as they have no stock for upgrades yet.

This is why its confusing when the shop has them on sale but no one can get them as an upgrade.

solo12002
28th June 2006, 10:15 PM
Silly question but as this is to do with SE phones . Why raise the issue of a nokia phone ?

Chewy
28th June 2006, 10:21 PM
????????????????????????

3GScottishUser
28th June 2006, 10:26 PM
Who cares... there are better deals elsewhere... without the problem of the 3/02/Orange call dropping/roaming nonsense....

getti
28th June 2006, 10:41 PM
Can i ask why you hate 3 so much?. I have NEVER seen a good word said about them about ANYTHING they have EVER done.

They could be the only network offering the best phone ever with no line rental and no call charges and there would be negative comments made.

Myself and many other forum members have been on 3 and are more than happy.

jeffster
29th June 2006, 12:40 AM
Can i ask why you hate 3 so much?. I have NEVER seen a good word said about them about ANYTHING they have EVER done.

They could be the only network offering the best phone ever with no line rental and no call charges and there would be negative comments made.

Myself and many other forum members have been on 3 and are more than happy.

Getti,

The "walled garden" of only "approved" websites for a kick-off...What right have three to restrict what sites their customers view / use via their handsets, especially as us customers are paying for the priviledge ?

If I had known about the "walled garden", I wouldnt have gone near 3 at all...

Oh, and Indian call centre, which I find very frustrating to deal with...

Chewy
29th June 2006, 06:53 PM
I've not had a problem in terms of call dropping or signal etc.

Was very annoyed when I phoned CS to find out about the K800 and was told it's not available on the 3 network despite it being shown on their website!!! And I find it hard to understand what the Indian call centre is saying!!

The walled garden internet is rediculous, which is why I don't sign up for it! If it was total access I might consider it, but not £5 with limited use. I want unlimited use like on t-mob!!

Pocitac
10th August 2006, 10:13 PM
Thought I would perhaps bring some perspective into this thread - I run an IT company which has been active in the Telecoms field for some time now and I would like to point out to some of those who constantly whine on about 3 that this is a relative new network, founded in 2003, they were the first to launch a 3G net in the UK and as such, there indeed was some problems with rushing handsets to market and suchlike in the early days of the network.

I used 3 in and around Edinburgh in 2004 and NEVER had any problem with dropped calls on a number of handsets.

I remember well in the early days of GSM (not that long ago) having to go upstairs in my house just to get a signal in order to be able to place a simple voice call let alone bandwith intensive 3G apps which the networks handle now.

Orange T-Mobile and to a lesser extent Vodafone S T I L L have problems in some areas trying to deliver reliable GSM coverage so if your wnat to pay more and demand the best coverage then go with Vodafone as they have been operating for the longest time in the UK.

If, on the other hand, you want to experience all the benefits that 3G has to offer, combined with fantastic value for money tariffs then 3 has much to offer. It's your choice, but as they say You can't have your cake and eat it

3GScottishUser
11th August 2006, 08:46 AM
Hi welcome to Talk3g.co.uk.

You can have you cake and eat it nowadays with Flext from T-Mobile, 02's 750 X/Net mins & 750 texts or Orange's Dolphin 550 mins + Unlimited Texts all at £35 a month. For the same cost 3 offer 400 mins and 250 texts.

Times have changed and presently (excluding promotions) 3 have the poorest value for money proposition of all the networks at the popular £35 a month price point. I am sure this may change shortly when they review their offerings but I am of the opinion that there is only so much you can use and any of the above would more than cover my needs without having to spend on additional calls or texts.

In the future it might be other services that sway customers, like inclusive data, inclusive content or inclusive insurance that become buying factors.

All things considered UK customers have never had it so good and we are currently one of the least expensive countries in the world in terms of mobile costs.

Ben
11th August 2006, 10:16 AM
Hi Pocitac, welcome to Talk3G.

I'm glad Three's working out for you, as I'm sure it does for many of their customers. Our polarized views here are mostly because a) we're enthusiasts and have too much time to devote to the subject and b) those of us who were with Three at the beginning got a really really rough ride. For those in areas with solid network performance it ended up being the Customer Services that broke the camels back.

Enjoy the forum!