View Full Version : please help

Zoe
3rd July 2006, 12:59 AM
hi iv got a LG U8110, just bought a usb cable to put photos on p.c, and having major trouble.. got a little disk with cable, i installed disk but cant seem to find photos or how to transfere them to p.c. any help would be muck appreciated thanks

Ben
3rd July 2006, 03:16 PM
Hi Zoe, welcome to Talk3G!

The LGU8110 is a very old 3G phone now... hopefully someone will be able to assist you. What encouraged you to purchase this handset? I take it you're on the Three network?

Hands0n
3rd July 2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Zoe. If it is the official LG disk then you should have three new programs on your desktop; LG Desktop, LG Sync Manager and LG Phone Manager.

It is LG Phone Manager that you want - this allows you to browse the U8110's memory using the "Contents" button on the application. You have to remember to connect to the U8110 from Phone Manager using the "Connect" button at the top left of the LG Phone Manager screen.

Once you have got into the phone, you can drag and drop the pictures to anywhere on the PC (Desktop, My Pictures, or any folder of your creation or choice).

--------------

If it is not the LG software then I'm not sure how much help I can offer, but it should be somewhat similar in use and function to what I have described above. Do let us know what software you are running if it is not the LG stuff. Thanks

HTH

Zoe
8th July 2006, 01:19 AM
Iv had the phone for a few years now, it was contracted to 3 but after contract finished i got it unblocked. not used it for ages, but it has alot of good photos on it and i cant get them off. have a o2 sim in it just now but o2 dont have any settings for the type of phone so i cant even find settings to send them to my new phone and put them on p.c. I bought a USB cable and recieved the installation c.d but every time i try to connect it (in phone manager bit) it says connection failed try diff com port

Hands0n
8th July 2006, 06:27 AM
You'll find the settings for using an LG U81xx on this thread https://talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=856 - I know they work, as we've had three U8110/U8120 working with them. This will get MMS working for you. It'll be an expensive way to transfer the images to your new handset, but you will be able to do so if all else fails.

But the settings should not make any diff to the phone manager connection. I suspect that there is a clash of drivers in the PC you are using. This is going to be quite difficult to sort out. Have you access to another PC/Laptop that you can try installing the phone manager software on to?

Although, you did say " ....... try diff com port...." - but the cable for the handset should be a USB and the software should be for USB connectivity. At least, all the LG U81xx I've seen have used USB not serial (COMx) communications for their management. I've only seen serial used for unlocking and reflashing kits - you've not gone and got yourself one of those have you?

HTH