View Full Version : K800i Now For Upgrades

getti
3rd July 2006, 03:35 PM
3 are now allowing customers to upgrade to the N80, E61 and the SE K800i from today (3/7/06).

my K800i is on the way

3GScottishUser
3rd July 2006, 03:47 PM
I would advise anyone looking for this device to shop around carefully.....

Carphonewarehouse are currently offering some very attractive deals on Vodafone's Anytime 275 Tariff (18 Month) with 15 months 1/2 price or 9 months 1/2 price on a 12 month deal. Or on 02 250 you get double mins + texts for 1st 6 months and 1/2 price for 8 months on a 12 month deal or 12 months on an 18 month contract.

This appears to be a handset that is being shipped to the UK in big quantities so expect big discounts and lots of offers..... only upgrade if you really have to keep your number and want to remain on the same network otherwise you'll pay far more than you have to for this phone. Remember you can PAC your number to a new network and still get all the benefits of the new customer offer.

Check out the best deals daily on all the latest phones at www.mobdeal.com - this takes the guesswork out of the total cost by showing exactly what you'll pay over the life of every contract - a must use resource!!

Ben
3rd July 2006, 05:41 PM
Great news that the K800i is now out on 3 upgrades. This is most certainly the *it phone* of the moment and I'd imagine many 3 subscribers will be clammering to upgrade if Three's offers are good enough. From what I've heard it's often possible to score a pretty nice deal out of Three's retention efforts (as they fight monsterous churn), so if you're upgrading make sure you play hard-to-get and maybe mention some of the deals 3GSU describes above.

getti
3rd July 2006, 08:48 PM
People on WM who have finished a contract and wanted to upgrade have maanged to get some mega credit offers.

Free upgrade to a K800i and in some cases £180 credit. Thats NOT cash back but a credit on their account so in theory line rental is free for a while.

This will be one of the biggest selling phones of the whole year and the biggest in the summer for sure!.

3GScottishUser
3rd July 2006, 10:41 PM
£180 credit = 4 moths free line rental on VTT1100.... 3 normally just offer 6 months 1/2 price line rental as retention incentive.

Check out the dealer incentive deals on Orange, Vodafone and 02 before upgrading on 3 as all have 12 month deals that might make a 3 retention look a poor prospect in terms of value especially taking account of additional incentives like 'Stop The Clock', 'Passport', Double Minutes and Texts for a promotional period or free (500) texts or adiitional 3G voice minutes for the life of the contract.

One also might want to consider what network might be able to provide the most variety of content for this phone... and if its mobile entertainment one wants one has to look seriously at Vodafone who have Sky TV with 26 channels... 3 have just a few own channel time limited 'loops' of video and the application based Mobi-TV which is unavialable on the SonyEricsson for now.

getti
3rd July 2006, 10:58 PM
That credit is ON TOP of the 1/2 price rental. When it comes to upgrades 3 are great.

Vodafone are the worst with silly phone prices such as £300 for a N91 :eek:

3GScottishUser
3rd July 2006, 11:07 PM
The N-91 is actually available on Vodafone and 02 unlike some other networks... and is free on a £37.50 a month Vodafone contract...

This thread is about the SonyEricsson K800i - so I have no idea what a Nokia phone pitched at an entirely different market segment (music player devices) has anything to do with the subject.

My point above is that before embarking on an upgrade one should consider other options and the site above www.mobdeal.com gives a clear indication of what margins the networks are prepared to part with on the SE K800i.

Ben
4th July 2006, 01:38 AM
According to that site, 3GSU, Orange appears to be the best bet for the K800i at the moment. This is, of course, not taking into account what's given with the contract - just total cost - but it'll be interesting to see how this changes over the next few weeks as more stock becomes available to all the players.

My advice to anyone wishing to upgrade to this handset would be wait a little while longer... it has only just come out after all!

3GScottishUser
4th July 2006, 09:01 AM
Agreed... the K800i is new and that always seems to solicit a premium in terms of price.

The quantities available seem to have made this less apparent on this feature packed handset though. e2save have gone in with all guns blazing on it - free with lots of cshback deals on three different networks! Its interesting comparing the total cost Vs the SIM Free price for this device. Just under £400 Sim Free, £450 on 3's deals and as little as £180 for a full year on Orange with 200 X/Net mis + 100 texts (You'd be eligiable for Orange's free 8MB Broadband too on that deal!!). Huge differences.

getti
4th July 2006, 09:31 AM
I cant take waiting much longer!. Come on Royal Mail shift yourself and bring me my new toys (K800i & 6233)

isquish
5th July 2006, 11:05 AM
I upgraded yesterday - I got the box standard free upgrade and £176.25 cash back option. There might be better deals but I'm happy with three, I don't have to fanny about moving my number and I don't have to worry about changing direct debits or anything like that.

Very pleased with the phone so far I must say.

Isquish

Ben
5th July 2006, 11:08 AM
Good stuff, fingers crossed SE haven't made any major software guffuffles on this handset - I can see already there's going to be plenty of them in circulation!

3GScottishUser
5th July 2006, 08:33 PM
I don't think I have ever seen a new handset being hacked to the bone on lots of networks like the k800i.

It's really nice to see this model being made available on straightforward 12 month deals with big discounts. According to mobdeal.com you can have this handset on a 200 X/Net + 100 SMS deal over 12 months for about £180.... a bargain for sure that makes SIM free or an upgrade an expensive option.

Hands0n
6th July 2006, 12:09 AM
SE score another hit! They sure have an eye for making a gorgeous looking and quite functional handset. I'd be in the market for one if I were .... errr ... ummm. .... in the market :D By the time I'm back again SE will no doubt have some other most excellent handsets out and about .... The other manufacturers could learn a thing or two from this splendid combination, that is SE.

joffa81
9th July 2006, 08:28 PM
any ideas on early upgrade price with three as the last time i wanted an earlt upgrade it cost me £180 for the v3x 2 months early