View Full Version : WePay a total disaster.....

3GScottishUser
3rd July 2006, 11:22 PM
They spent a fortune telling potential customers that they could get paid for getting calls and texts. (within lmits of top-ups each month... small print).

They did'nt mention that outgoing calls increased by 50% from 20p a min to 30p a min though...

They hung their hopes on a chineese handset (ZTE) and the Motorola c975 - both horrific and despite heavy promotion neither appear in any of the mobile phone sales charts. Maybe Hutchison's own outlets (Superdrug and Savers) have shifted a few...

02 are still top of the pile for pre-pay users, and MVNO's like EasyMobile leave 3 standing, even Vodafone make the WePay proposition look silly with Stop The Clock and free weekend texts for a weekly spend of £2.50 and free weekend calls to any network and free weekend texts for a weekly spend of a fiver.

Poor 3... back to the drawing board for PAYG......

Hands0n
4th July 2006, 12:14 AM
I must admit to being entirely suspicious of WePay from the outset. I kept my 3 PAYG as Threepay and refuse to be suckered into such schemes. I did a check with the Charities Commission and 3 is not listed. So why do they think we're going to fall for the "we're giving away money" thing. Noone gives away something for nothing. The catch is in the small print and in the tariff.

Unimpressed :(

Ben
4th July 2006, 01:25 AM
WePay doesn't appear to have been successful, no. All the talk I hear is still about O2, with the exception of the recent arrival of Vodafone's free weekends offer that has sparked a bit of interest amongst the O2 PAYG loyalists. It was a move hoping to provoke a reaction and unfortunately it wasn't forthcoming - the battle instead is being fought on O2's terms, as it always was.

3GScottishUser
4th July 2006, 09:45 AM
Its amazing really but 02 appear to have the youth of the UK in their pocket now and have had for some time. Looking at other boards 02 as a choice of network stands head and shoulders above the rest.

I suspect it has something to do with the 'text generation' as they were fastest off the blocks in satisfying the needs of young customers with their 'bolt-on's'. Their no nonsense advertising may also have something to do with their popularity also.