View Full Version : k800i

vision2000
4th July 2006, 04:57 PM
hi there i have just recieved mine today great phone but i am with 3 mobile so does anybody know how to get rid of the 3 mobile options on your front page it just keeps scrolling through them saying "click to find the full range of 3 services" "free video tasters click here" they are as bad as popups on your pc

please help

3g-g
4th July 2006, 05:18 PM
Hi there vision2000, welcome to Talk3G! :)

Not owning one of these lovely handsets I'm not too sure, it looks as if you're one of the first owners of it on Talk3G!

It's looking as if Three have gone to town on the branding of this handset, they are pretty notorious for getting it deep into the software, I'm afraid other than having the handset re-flashed with an unbranded version of the software I can't see what else can be done to remove those screens on the front page. Perhaps I'm wrong and someone will pop up with an answer!

A lot of the members here are starting to get into re-flashing their handsets with unbranded SW, you never know, the k800i might become one of the projects!

Stick with us, I'm sure we'll get you an answer to your problem.

G.

3GsINgH
4th July 2006, 08:15 PM
Looks like they have put the 3 banner on there.They've been doing this on a number of their phones. As far as i know its a screensaver so if you go to your settings area and look for display options or something similar you should be able to figure it out. Anyone with an SE know their menu structure?

getti
4th July 2006, 10:16 PM
getti to the rescue!.

Menu
Settings
Instant Viewer
Deactivate

All sorted :D

3g-g
4th July 2006, 11:47 PM
Well done that man!

Let us know if getti has sorted you out vision2000!

getti
5th July 2006, 07:54 AM
No question it will. My K800i came yesterday and that was the 1st thing i did (turn it off)

gorilla
6th July 2006, 08:51 AM
No question it will. My K800i came yesterday and that was the 1st thing i did (turn it off)

and what are your first impressions?

getti
6th July 2006, 09:04 AM
If i am totally honest they are mixed. The screen is nice and the camera is better than the 903 making it the best camera in a phone.

Apart from that it is your everyday phone, nothing else stands out.

Before I ordered, I was thinking about getting a E61 because its more of a communications device instead of a camera phone. Even though I have the K800i now i am still very tempted by the E61.

Also the problem is so many people are getting the phone its not exactly new now and its only been out for about a week!. I must know 50 people who have the phone already and saying 'I have a brand new K800i' is not anything special.

Got 7 days to decide what I want to do. if i want an exchange 3 will order me a E61 and courier it out to me and collect the K800 at the same time.

Ben
6th July 2006, 12:23 PM
Review and exchange my good man, review and exchange ;)

getti
6th July 2006, 09:06 PM
:D

Well today i made the phone call. Was at work and forgot the bit of paper with the different upgrade team i needed and everytime i phoned normal upgrades i got someone in india!.

Phones the direct sales number and what do you know.... UK call centre but only deal with new customers. They will put me though to upgrades..... yep you guessed it... i got Apu Nahasapenapetalon on the phone so quickly ended the call.

phoned sales again and explained what number i needed which they told me over the phone.

Spoke to a very nice scottish lady and explained when i was making the order i could not 100% decide between a K800i and a E61. Now that I have used the K800 it is a nice phone although it does seem quite plain now.

Everyone is getting them and the only outstanding thing about the phone is the camera which can only be used when things are there to take pics of.

So back to the call. She ordered me a new E61 but because i had passed 1pm it would not be here until monday. Now here is the great thing and NO ONE *cough3gsucough* can say it is bad service (u know im only messing about :p ). Not only will they deliver the E61 to me on Monday, but they will collect the K800 and take it back for me!!.

Normally you have to send a phone back which takes say 2 days, wait a day for it to be canceled, then order another phone which takes a few days again. Not in this case!. The second i get my E61 the K800 goes with them.

1st stop is to a Nokia Service Centre to upgrade the software on the spot. That gives me full services access as full access was not until after 1st July.

Having a keypad and WW56 on my account (already on there) means i can browse Talk3G WHEREVER i want!. Already loaded it up on the K800 and it was f*****g quick!.

vision2000
6th July 2006, 10:30 PM
thats great its gone thanks for that ....i like the k800 the pics are great and the bluetooth remote control is great very impresive when you playing your tunes through your pc and you skip to the next track with your k800 all i got to do now is find some phone software to use the infared on the k800 to turn my tv over :) any ideas ?

A[L]C
6th July 2006, 11:44 PM
is there any way to remove the little 3 text in the middle of the screen?

3GScottishUser
6th July 2006, 11:47 PM
Dont think so.... that is the Network Identification. If you were on 02, Orange or any of the rest it would be their ID that would be displayed.

A[L]C
7th July 2006, 12:00 AM
thats a shame.. could on the D500. Any other cool things I should know?

One thing..Ive got 111 contacts on my D500 phone. Whats the best way to transfer them? Ive tried exporting them through the Samsung software to CSV, and importing them to outlook express, then using the SE software to synchronise the contacts. It transferred the numbers, but left the names out.

Any ideas?

Hands0n
7th July 2006, 06:28 AM
Cost Method:
One of those little el-cheapo SIM Savers should do the trick. Make sure you get one which will handle 3G USIM cards (not all do!). These will back up your 2G SIM to internal memory, then enable you to dump it back onto the USIM.

Free Method:
Also ... if CSV did not work are there any other "common" formats availabe to both items of phone software? Have you tried to read the CSV file with, say, Excel to make sure that the names came over too? It could be a simple [??] matter of the CSV layout being different - perhaps one or two more/less commas than needed. Unfotunately CSV while being fairly universal is not always as easy to handle if the expected field layout does not match between source and target. Try exporting something from the SE software as well and use Notepad to compare the CSV file layouts. You can then use Notepad to insert/remove the required number of comma field separators.

A chore, but easier than typing it all in again.

HTH :)

jaykay
27th July 2006, 03:28 PM
Why not just transfer using blutooth?

gump5
5th August 2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks to getti for the instant veiwer tip, ive only had the phone for a few days and that was really geting up my nose!!!

Has anyone figured out yet how to get rid of the "planet 3" link in the bottom right hand corner?

Also any tips out there for the software. So far i have not got far. It seems to be a right pain??!!!!

Gump

getti
6th August 2006, 02:01 PM
Unfortunatly the planet3 part is stuck in the firmware of the phone. You could get it flashed with sim free firmware but if anything goes wrong in future 3 will not do anything.

Check out http://mini.opera.com and install Opera Mini if you have Wireless Web on your account.

Or google search for 'MOBILE MSN SOFTWARE" and find a java app. This also needs Wireless Web unless the wall has totally come down now

rslira
7th August 2006, 07:16 PM
If i am totally honest they are mixed. The screen is nice and the camera is better than the 903 making it the best camera in a phone.

Apart from that it is your everyday phone, nothing else stands out.

Before I ordered, I was thinking about getting a E61 because its more of a communications device instead of a camera phone. Even though I have the K800i now i am still very tempted by the E61.

Also the problem is so many people are getting the phone its not exactly new now and its only been out for about a week!. I must know 50 people who have the phone already and saying 'I have a brand new K800i' is not anything special.

Got 7 days to decide what I want to do. if i want an exchange 3 will order me a E61 and courier it out to me and collect the K800 at the same time.

Hi I have both K800i and E61 I use both for different things. Off course the K800i for a superb camarea and as a weekend small phone, when I go out etc. And I use the E61 for my work one of the best so far. It does everythig for me, accept making the Tea :D I rate both 10/10