View Full Version : Today On 3G Back Online

getti
11th July 2006, 04:11 PM
The site was due for a change in servers tomorrow (Wednesday) but the hacker attack today forced my hand so the change is happening as I type.

For those of you who visit what it means is you will not be able to get access to the site until at least Wednesday lunchtime due to the changes going across the net.

As you can imagine i am far from happy with these attacks on the site (2 in a month) and am doing all I can to stop it from happening further.

Thanks for reading and i look forward to seeing you visit the site again from wednesday.

Ben
11th July 2006, 06:18 PM
That's a shame, I look forward to seeing it back online ASAP. If you're just waiting on DNS then, FWIW, changes should only take a few hours now rather than the 24h+ it used to take.

getti
11th July 2006, 06:44 PM
Hosting is all setup with a brand new hosting company that also offers Exchange email so i now get push email to my E61 as well as sync features with To Do, Calandar and Contacts which is a great help.

If it happens again it must be to do with PHP so will re save the pages as HTML if needed.

Fingers crossed

Ben
11th July 2006, 06:59 PM
Just out of interest, do you use Windows or Linux hosting? I assume Windows.

getti
11th July 2006, 07:12 PM
Linux hosting

getti
14th July 2006, 12:15 AM
Ok guys the site is back and i hope more secure. Had to drop the poll as that uses PHP and that was the hackers way in but at least everything else is back.

2 days and plenty of headaches but worth it i think