View Full Version : 3 to copy Flext??

3GScottishUser
16th July 2006, 09:18 AM
From Mobile Today (15/07/2006):

3 is planning to ape T-Mobile's Flext tariffs next month in a bid to regain its crown as the operator with the best deals on the market.

Details on 3's new 'My' price plans are being finalised ahead of a possible August launch, but the T-Mobile value of simplicity and transparency appear to be key factors.

A series of deals will be called 'My1,000', 'My1,500' and 'My2,000', with customers able to customise the value across voice minutes, texts, picture messages and video downloads. A source close to 3 said: 'They've said “we're going to be more competitive than Flext.” They're talking about something big.'

A 3 spokesman said: 'We are always looking at new price plans. In terms of new price plans we've not made any final decisions.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/content/3139.asp?men=&sub=1

Ben
16th July 2006, 11:37 AM
Now that T-Mobile and Orange have made changes to their core tariff structure it seems only right that Three and Vodafone should follow suit. Funnily enough I don't think T-Mobile will be too disheartened to see the competition catching up given how many 18-month Flext contracts they must have pumped out!

A return to the 'best deals on the market' for Three would be a welcome change.

Hands0n
16th July 2006, 05:09 PM
Probably right Ben, I'm committed to an 18 month Flext 35 and to be honest, unless 3 [and the others] can better the 25% discount for life that I'm getting on even that tarirff I'd be very unlikely to make a jump elsewhere.

Winning is usually about being first past the post. T-Mobile did that [for me] with Flext.

getti
17th July 2006, 02:22 PM
I will HAVE to change to one of them once its available. With the discount i get it will be even better value!.

Ohhhhh just the thought of a Flext type plan on a 3G account with Wireless Web on a HTC TyTN *wipes drool from mouth*

Hands0n
17th July 2006, 04:46 PM
Will you be allowed to make such a change? Historically 3 have been quite reticent to allow changes that involve less revenue to them, normally one step at a time after a fixed minimum period. It may be different if you have a non-retail relationship with 3 though.

getti
17th July 2006, 04:48 PM
Well im on a £35 plan but thats reduced to £20 a month with the code but for 3 months its £10 a month.

As long as i get a plan £35 or more a month i can move up anytime. So once there is one for say £40 with the code it will be about £25.

Hands0n
17th July 2006, 05:01 PM
"the code" :confused: :cool: :confused:

getti
17th July 2006, 05:30 PM
I know a member of staff at 3 who has a code he can give out to 3 friends to get cheaper rental

solo12002
17th July 2006, 07:59 PM
These ofers apper to be well and good. The question I want answer to is will the Fing wall go, or is it all talk and no action.

3GScottishUser
17th July 2006, 10:39 PM
I think you will find that all of the networks have friends and family discount schemes.

T-Mobile staff can get 33% off for thier friends and family members.

The discounts are great if you know someone who works for a network but one has to be careful as dealers can beat the discounts with cashback deals quite often.

3 are doing their usual silly stuff if you shop around. 12 months free on VTT 700 on a 12 month contract with an LG 8330/8360 or SE K608i. I dont think they actually attract decent business with those deals, merely churners who are propping up the stats as they have some weird accounting procedures that allow them to claim ARPU whilst writing down the cost of dealer incentives over a long period. Its all smoke and mirrors and there is little substance really in HWL's 3 UK business.

When a company offers a free phone, free calls, free SMS, free videocalls & free content for a whole year what value does that make the service worth?

£0.00

Nothing.....

So what does that suggest about the quality of service you can expect?

Not a lot.....

Cor Blimey.... Some serious pencil sharpening has to be done to make the prospect of the 3 UK business sustainable.

3g-g
17th July 2006, 11:26 PM
T-Mobile staff can get 33% off for thier friends and family members.

The discounts are great if you know someone who works for a network but one has to be careful as dealers can beat the discounts with cashback deals quite often.

That's the thing, I've got friends and family on my discount, and as nice as it is, you can do better just by going into the shop! Madness!