View Full Version : New Vodafone Contract Deals Coming...

3GScottishUser
16th July 2006, 09:31 AM
From Mobile Today (15/07/2006):

Vodafone is being tipped for a major refresh of its contact tariffs next month by industry insiders. It follows an overhaul of the network's prepay range last week.

Some rivals are bracing themselves for richer bundles with substantially more minutes. They also expect Vodafone to offer attractive bonuses to customers who buy through its own channels.

'We're expecting richer deals with users getting bigger bundles for the same headline line rental,' said a source. 'The way things are going we will start seeing so much value in contract that people will see it as a way of controlling their spend and will move away from prepay in a way we haven't seen before.'

It is expected that Vodafone will use its own stores, in which it is investing £15m, to maximum advantage, and will use the savings on commissions to independent retailers to fund the richer deals.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/content/3114.asp?men=2&sub=6

Ben
16th July 2006, 11:41 AM
It's about time?

I wonder if they'll keep STC. I'd imagine so, after they spent so much time promoting it. I also wonder what'll happen to Vodafone's add-on packs and whether they'll finally change these to offer better value. For me the £40 extras pack is fantastic, but that's only because on SIM-Only you don't have to pay £40 for it!

Could we possibly see changes to the core £2.35 data charge? How about the killer 12p SMS charge? Or will this 'major refresh' simply result in Vodafone adjusting it's minutes-per-spend-level and keeping all the more confusing details the same.

Fingers crossed for transparency, but we'll have to wait and see.