View Full Version : How long to get PAC?

gorilla
18th July 2006, 02:33 PM
Hi all, I phoned vodafone about 10 days ago and asked for my PAC. The guy on the phone said that I could have it but I couldn't get it over the phone and it would be posted out to me. I thought this was a bit fishy at the time, but thought nothing more off it. Naturally no PAC has been forthcoming, so was I lied to? I've emailed them to enquire about it.

One other thing, I've had my O2 contract for two weeks, can I still port my number over to them?

Thanks

Hands0n
18th July 2006, 02:56 PM
Yes you can port your number over at any time during the contract. The limitation is on the PAC itself, normally 30 days from date of issue.

I'd give Voda a phone call to back up the eMail. Different ops do it differently, 3 gave me my PAC over the phone once they realised that they could not talk me out of leaving, and then followed up with a letter within three days to confirm! Oh had they been so efficient in my other issues with them I'd no doubt still be a customer of theirs!

I don't think Voda have lied to you, but I do suspect that the PAC was not ordered as promised, so a follow-up call would not go amiss.

timothythetim
18th July 2006, 03:28 PM
Hi all, I phoned vodafone about 10 days ago and asked for my PAC. The guy on the phone said that I could have it but I couldn't get it over the phone and it would be posted out to me. I thought this was a bit fishy at the time, but thought nothing more off it. Naturally no PAC has been forthcoming, so was I lied to? I've emailed them to enquire about it.

One other thing, I've had my O2 contract for two weeks, can I still port my number over to them?

Thanks
I was told the exact same lie by vodafone. Twice.
They can tell you it over the phone just phone them up again.
I phoned up the first time to ask for it and they said they had to post it out.
I phoned up a week later and they had no record of me asking for it, but they still were only gonna post it out.
I phoned up about 5 days later and they gave me it over the phone.

They are a bit like the opposite of Three, they are fine until you try to leave!
(Although they did want £StupidAmount for the N80, that's why I left)

Ben
18th July 2006, 03:42 PM
(Although they did want £StupidAmount for the N80, that's why I left)
Funnily enough a friend of mine just left Orange to go back to Vodafone with an N80. Oh how much better the deals are for new customers!

gorilla
18th July 2006, 03:42 PM
thanks for the replies, I'll ring them when I get home later.

hecatae
18th July 2006, 04:03 PM

Thanks

Not too sure on that bit, used to be port in on connection only with o2

Ben
18th July 2006, 04:13 PM
Not too sure on that bit, used to be port in on connection only with o2
In which case it might be a good idea to call O2 while you're at it and let them know of your intentions and that Vodafone are holding up up... hopefully, of course, you'll be able to ring up PAC-in-hand should Vodafone dispatch it over the telephone.

maxspank
18th July 2006, 05:03 PM
You can get your PAC over the phone, though you need to speak to the porting dept. When you ask for your PAC you are transferred to Saves and if they can't sweet talk you into staying then they will order the PAC for you. If you ask to speak to porting then you can get the PAC straight away.

timothythetim
18th July 2006, 08:20 PM
Funnily enough a friend of mine just left Orange to go back to Vodafone with an N80. Oh how much better the deals are for new customers!
I really wanted to stay with Vodafone, but they couldn't come anywhere near matchin the Orange Student Plan, even if I started a new contract.
I'm happy with Orange just now though, I do miss Sky TV though.

gorilla
21st July 2006, 02:41 PM
OK, just an update. Vodafone, were very apologetic (as you'd expect) but once again confirmed that they would not give the PAC out over the phone. I'll get it 5 days. O2 say that they can port the number over any time (as HandsOn said).

midlands_lad
24th July 2006, 05:20 PM
Hi Gorilla,

I work for Vodafone and I'm sorry for the problems you've been having.

If you're still having trouble you can go to www.vodafone.co.uk, select the 'contact us' option then 'email'.

If you send a request and include the command FIT135 in the email field, this short code will route your request to somebody in our email team who'll be able to help you get your PAC code.

Here it'll be possible for a member of our email team to contact the porting department on your behalf to sort this out for you.

gorilla
24th July 2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks midlands_lad, I ended up using the online form and that's when one of you guys got back to me.

gorilla
16th August 2006, 09:18 AM
Well my number finally ported over yesterday at the second attempt. I must say that I have left vodafone on unhappy terms. It had been a few years since I was last on their network and I was initially very happy with their sim only tariff, but changes to the extras pack and the fact it took so long to get a PAC, mean that I will be staying clear for another couple of years.