View Full Version : Animal Plan Changes From 1/8/06

getti
20th July 2006, 10:40 PM
Racoon 35 will have UNLIMITED landline calls with no cap.

Dolphin 35 will give UNLIMITED texts

Panther 75 will give 1500 mins and UNLIMITED uncapped data

3GScottishUser
21st July 2006, 10:41 AM
It was only a matter of time before some network offered unlimited calls or texts for a set price.

I remember a while back that Gareth Jones (ex 3 UK sales director) stated that most of their customers (when they were on 500 and 750 minute inclusive monthly price plans) rarely went outwith the bundle. If that is true then the law of averages suggests that a network should just collect a set fee and forget about usage amounts. They can make additional revenues from video, MMS, Internet etc etc but I can think of no reason why the basic services should not be 'all inclusive' now.

Orange seem to be pointing the way ahead and removing the clutter. Much easier to buy a contract and forget working out your needs. Fixed price will prove an attractive option for many who find the myriad of tariff options confusing.

Hands0n
21st July 2006, 11:23 AM
There is nothing about this on the Orange website yet. From what is said above this is not that much to get orgasmic about, it is limited to landline calls only. Lets get all brave and open this up to x-net, then the true value kicks in.

Unlimited calls and text for a fixed price is such a logical progression. The networks are already invested in, they just need to bring in the cold cash. Minutes and quantities of texts for a price have always been a difficult one to assess as value for money. Most folk [I would contend] look at their disposable income and decide on that basis how much they want to spend on mobile telephony.

So if the mobile 0ps can get their heads around the concept, and work on ways of getting an amount of spend out of us, all the while opening up their networks to unfettered access then the better it is for all concerned.

I sincerely hope that we are witnessing the decline and ultimate end of the array of tariffs that exist today. Much more work is needed.

getti
21st July 2006, 12:22 PM
No info on the O site as its not strictly out in the open yet ;)

News from inside Orange thats 100% definate

gorilla
21st July 2006, 02:50 PM
It wont be to everyone's taste's but at least it's another step in the right direction for Orange. Let's not forget that they have introduced these new animal tariffs and entered the broadband market, so they are trying to be innovative (or at least responsive).
They still don't appeal to me, though .

getti
21st July 2006, 08:43 PM
Panther one is goot with unlimited data

Hands0n
21st July 2006, 09:05 PM
I still don't understand the animals thing at all .................... its just plain silly :(

dgilbert2
22nd July 2006, 11:18 AM
I still don't understand the animals thing at all .................... its just plain silly :(

I agree, I've got better things to do than to try and understand what a Panther call plan means!

I'm not at school now where you have to make word associations :)