View Full Version : N73 available

hecatae
21st July 2006, 05:49 PM
http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPayMonthlyHandsetDet ails&action=getPayMonthlyHandsetDetails&variationID=578&manufacturer=Nokia&model=N73&offergpid=9214

bit quick to market

3GScottishUser
21st July 2006, 08:15 PM
They should also have the SE k630i this week too.

The Samsung Z400 looks pretty neat too.....

Vodafone ain't holding back now....

prc
23rd August 2006, 09:23 PM
I have just got a Nokia N73 on contract at Vodafone. I started off alright, but after 2 days it started crashing at least once a day. Tonight it turned itself round by itself and then crashed. Shortly afterwards it turned itself off. Although it is a good phone, i think perhaps the software is faulty. Should i change to the N80 instead?

getti
23rd August 2006, 11:43 PM
£300 is not branded and can be bought now on PAYG/handset for £300 from vodafone. What a bargain!.

Vodafone here i come.

Talking about the Z400... i have one in to review now and its a REALLY nice phone. Highly reccomended

3g-g
24th August 2006, 12:04 AM
I have just got a Nokia N73 on contract at Vodafone. I started off alright, but after 2 days it started crashing at least once a day. Tonight it turned itself round by itself and then crashed. Shortly afterwards it turned itself off. Although it is a good phone, i think perhaps the software is faulty. Should i change to the N80 instead?

It sounds as if being first out the door to get this handset you're going to encounter the same problems a lot of the early Nokia adopters have found, rather flaky software. Get back to Vodafone and get it changed, if the same happens with the next remember you've your 14 days to change from purchase. If you want to try and cope perhaps try a Nokia repair centre to ensure you've the latest SW, which, TBH I would of thought you had! Let us know how you get on.

Ben
24th August 2006, 02:42 AM
If you can put up with the fault for now, it might be worth holding your horses until the Nokia Software Updater supports the handset. Assuming it will, it could be the answer to your problems without the complicated process of returns/repairs/whatever.

If the fault is unbearable, of course, you should act immediately by returning to the point of sale for advice.

Hands0n
24th August 2006, 08:34 AM
The irony is that unless the faulty phone is reported to Vodafone or Nokia the chances of a software fix become increasingly remote!

I do recall when the 6280 first came out it was buggy on all the networks, even with different versions. The Nokia UK forum was buzzing with complaints and one of the Nokia techs was constantly telling the posters to register their problem with Nokia or the network operator or it would not get sight of the software engineering teams.

So whilst being somewhat inconvenient, it may be as well to pass the time while waiting by registering the fault with Vodafone/Nokia even if a fix is no immediately available.

HTH