View Full Version : Sarin Survives AGM!

Ben
26th July 2006, 12:22 AM
According to Five Live, Arun Sarin survived the vote to oust him at this years AGM with just 10% of shareholders wanting to give him the axe.

I'm sorry, but this sounds to me like a vote of confidence. Sarin is the best thing to happen to Vodafone to date, and shareholders and management need to stop squabbling and get behind the man who is, without a doubt, the face of mobile.

solo12002
26th July 2006, 08:09 AM
lol the name " Sarin" reminds me of a gas used in WW2 lol

3GScottishUser
26th July 2006, 09:24 AM
Arun Sarin is a new generation of CEO and originally came from India where IT garduates appear to flourish.

You can learn all about how you get to become the top man in the world's biggest mobile phone company here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arun_Sarin

Hands0n
26th July 2006, 10:08 PM
I'm pleased that Sarin has survived the attempted coup, and I do hope that those that tried to oust him respect the 90% vote of confidence that he has received. Although, these 10% are more interested in the share divvy than what happens to Vodafone in the long term. If it went belly up they'd simply move their funds elsewhere, such is the nature of "investment" by pure speculators. The investment is for self-gain exclusively, there are plenty of dead golden geese in their history.

It will be very interesting to see how Sir John Bond (ex HSBC) has an influence on Vodafone. Sir John is a very powerful figure in the rarified atmosphere of the boardroom. He led HSBC to staggering profit and it will be a challenge to see him do the same with Vodafone. Coupled with Sarin Vodafone is in extremely good hands indeed.

The rebel speculators should hang their heads in shame, parahias that they are!