View Full Version : The Orange Project (update)

Ben
1st August 2006, 02:55 PM
"Hello,
You might remember we emailed you a few weeks back, looking for volunteers for something called The Orange Project. Well, we found about 50 people, and we all flew off to a location for a few days. We've just got back. As you might have already guessed, we were creating a new advertising campaign and we'd be interested to know what you think. So why not tune in to ITV, Channel 4 or five, this Tuesday at 9.35pm, when all will be revealed. Watching it might even inspire you to take part in future Orange Projects. To find out more about what it was like to be involved, take a look at theorangeproject.co.uk. Thanks for your time, and hope you enjoy it.
The Orange Project team"

etccarmageddon
15th August 2006, 09:38 AM
been to the site and watched it.

pathetic is the first word that comes into my head.

carslberg dont do crap advertising stunts but if they did.... they'd have done the "orange project".

Hands0n
15th August 2006, 02:55 PM
I saw it on TV the other day - I wasn't impressed at all, four silly wooden platforms with inflatable Orange animals on it. I was still none the wiser as to what these ridiculous beasts mean to me, a mobile phone user! Noone I know has a grasp on what Orange are banging on about!

I think that Orange are flogging the proverbial inflatable dead horse with this campaign.

Ben
15th August 2006, 04:10 PM
Fortunately (for them) I believe they've bolstered their tariffs and commissions since coming up with these crazy names - so much so it doesn't really matter how much of a stupid idea it was, it just defeats the objective that they set out with!

3g-g
15th August 2006, 10:51 PM
I thought there was a internet site for that Orange project malarky, perhaps I read it on the intranet, anywhos, where-ever I did read about it there was loads of info about the people involved, why they were picked (each person, through an interview process fitted one of the Orange packages, bird, crocodile etc) which allowed them to create teams, then they had to work together to set up those balloon thingys.

It was actually quite interesting, behind the scene pics, a blog for each of them, and I thought, hmmm, this could be quite good, would really show how the animal packages relate to the people who've purchased them. There was scope to make a really nice story line for the adverts and bring the people who were involved (which unless you got a text/email or read on here you would have no idea that they're just normal folks randomly selected, for joe bloggs watching they could just be a bunch of actors!). So, when I saw the advert we get a nice bit of scenery then the balloons?! WTF? Where's all the background? Explain who those people who put them up were! Explain all the folk putting the panther one up were all high falooting businessy types... Jeez, wasted. And I bet it wasn't a cheap shoot either!

Rant over.

miffed
16th August 2006, 09:21 AM
Ha ha ! Glad I didn't respond now ...

Got to admire their cheek though ! I am here blowing up a load of balloons for my little boys third birthday party - If I could get someone else to do it for me I would !

Clever Orange :rolleyes:

crowfield99
17th August 2006, 11:48 AM
Great way to get some free adverts made out of people though :D

Alio
17th August 2006, 10:37 PM
Hey, did the people in the ad have to fly back home in those funny looking balloons......if they got everyone to do it for free......couldn't see orange paying for flights! :D

crowfield99
17th August 2006, 10:55 PM
Hey, did the people in the ad have to fly back home in those funny looking balloons......if they got everyone to do it for free......couldn't see orange paying for flights! :D

LOL! New Customers Only :D Or you had to renew for another 18 months :D