View Full Version : MSN - Brand New Customers Only

3GScottishUser
2nd August 2006, 09:34 AM
MSN has arrived on the 3 website (Planet 3) but what has appeared will come as a bit of a shock for all existing 3 customers.

It would appear that the service is restricted to a very few handset models and is only being provisioned on new handsets on particular tariffs.

It might be rolled out to others eventually but if 3's TV offering is any benchmark its not something one should bank on.

From the 3 website.... "Free MSN Pay Monthly Offer:

Free MSN offer available direct from 3 to new approved customer registering on Direct VTT 1000 or Direct Text 1400 with selected handsets by 31 August 2006. The number of MSN messages is subject to a fair use policy of 200 messages per day or 6,000 messages per month. Minimum term contract, handset and service limitations and terms apply. MSN net passport account required. For life - you can get MSN Messenger free for as long as you stay on the promoted price plan. Handsets subject to availability."

Same applies to PAYG which has only one handset option - LG U880

I suspect the fair Use limit might be rather tame for some MSN IM users!!

http://www.three.co.uk/lifestyle/msn.omp

jeffster
2nd August 2006, 02:44 PM
Gawd !

How to win friends and influence people....NOT !

Three...Just seems one cock up after another....

Roll on October 23rd for me....I will get me a proper mobile network then !

Ben
2nd August 2006, 02:47 PM
What about existing customers? Can they use the service if they pay?

stuming
2nd August 2006, 03:48 PM
What about existing customers? Can they use the service if they pay?

If you follow the link above, then there's something that says "Existing customer? Text MSN to XXXXX now".

3GScottishUser
2nd August 2006, 04:11 PM
I saw that ..... so why is it restricted to particular handset models?

Very very confusing!!