View Full Version : Walled Garden Gone? What About My Wireless Web?!

stuming
2nd August 2006, 10:43 AM
Hi all,

I've just spotted the post about the interweb finally being opened up to "normal" users on 3. I subscribed to the Wireless Web add on in order to get my Tom Tom GPS working. It still doesn't, but does this mean I am completely wasting the £15 per month I'm spending for this service? I use my laptop and phone to browse the web. If I revert back to a normal, non-wireless web service, will I still be able to do this?

Thanks

Stuart

getti
2nd August 2006, 10:59 AM
You might be able to but its expencive at £2 per MB. When you think you can get 56mb for £15 a month.

I put the £15 one on my account and its great!. Used 29mb of data last month. Stored the BBC News site into the phone and can get the video news downloaded each day, use Agile Messenger and so on.

Just put my 3 SIM in a N71 and getting the news now, plus loading Agile on it.

And when i get my TyTN.... let the fun begin!

Ben
2nd August 2006, 11:46 AM
Welcome to Talk3G!

Surely TomTom should work with the £15 add-on. It might be worth contacting Three or TomTom for further advice.

stuming
2nd August 2006, 12:11 PM
Welcome to Talk3G!

Surely TomTom should work with the £15 add-on. It might be worth contacting Three or TomTom for further advice.

Oh yes, you would think it would work wouldn't you. I've tried everything. I think it's the handset (K608i). Other three users can connect using various Nokias etc. but not mine. I can with my laptop, and even if I use the same settings there's no joy.

Cheers for the reply though.

Stu

stuming
2nd August 2006, 12:13 PM
You might be able to but its expencive at £2 per MB. When you think you can get 56mb for £15 a month.

I put the £15 one on my account and its great!. Used 29mb of data last month. Stored the BBC News site into the phone and can get the video news downloaded each day, use Agile Messenger and so on.

Just put my 3 SIM in a N71 and getting the news now, plus loading Agile on it.

And when i get my TyTN.... let the fun begin!

On that note, if I bought a new SE P990i and chucked my 3 sim in, would it work?

Stu

getti
2nd August 2006, 12:19 PM
Yes but rememeber you wont have access to Today On 3 or the Services. You will be able to use everything else such as MMS, Video Calling and if you have WW on your account you can access full sites on the phone or use IM or Email as much as you want. And you can use as a modem.

My3 will work on the phone but you need the link to it direct (which i can supply) and you can still access the Internet part of the services so you can get onto Kink (rather good), Ebay and the mobile sites.

All you miss out on is the Services and Today On 3. Thats why im getting a HTC TyTN and using my 3 USIM in it

a_ukboy
2nd August 2006, 09:34 PM
Hi all,

I've just spotted the post about the interweb finally being opened up to "normal" users on 3. I subscribed to the Wireless Web add on in order to get my Tom Tom GPS working. It still doesn't, but does this mean I am completely wasting the £15 per month I'm spending for this service? I use my laptop and phone to browse the web. If I revert back to a normal, non-wireless web service, will I still be able to do this?

Thanks

Stuart

I've changed from the Wireless Web 56 to Mobile Websites 15, its not totally open access, i can no longer access my emails, and my Agile Messenger no longer works, i now have to have this add on for a month before i can change back!