View Full Version : New Vodafone Priceplans?

maxspank
6th August 2006, 01:25 AM
Got a four hour training session on Monday. Now Vodafone like to keep the staff in the dark up until the point they need to know, but we've heard that new priceplans are being launched, to compete with the likes of T-mobile.

This is totally unconfirmed, more info coming Monday. Fingers crossed?

Ben
6th August 2006, 02:28 AM
Mobile mention that Vodafone has new tariffs coming, so be excited, very excited!

Lets hope they pull something damn good out of the bag that makes me forgive their Extras Packs blunder. Did I just type blunder in bold? Ooops, did it again!

solo12002
6th August 2006, 10:53 AM
" we've heard that new priceplans are being launched, to compete with the likes of T-mobile"

Thay have taken there time three months in fact plus they have changed a number of their plans and added things in like free weekend calls for PAYG and text for contracts, make me wonder why the CE of vodafone just dint get his finger out of his ass and do this from the start!

Ben
6th August 2006, 12:13 PM
Hehe, yes, they've done the refresh of PAYG - I don't think we'll see any changes there. Vodafone's contract tariffs, however, are very stagnant.

solo12002
6th August 2006, 01:22 PM
" Vodafone's contract tariffs, however, are very stagnant"

Ben I agree not good vaule either ffs in fact I nearly go as far as saying they are beaten by all the networks, if you look at the plans and forget about things like stop the clock, passport weekend calls. When will the net works leanr, good plans value for money and easy to understand with out all the crap.

if I look at Stop the Clock surely it would of been better and cheaper over all if they just offered more mins and cheaper call rates.

Look at passport the same could be said reduce the roaming charge, increase the take up .

Hands0n
7th August 2006, 08:46 PM
Don,t knock STC, I just luv it to bits :D It really does work for me, although I accept not for everyone else (cant please all the folk all of the time).

But yes, I really would like to see Voda's tariffs spiced up a bit in the face of T-Mobile's Flext and others. There's no point in a price war if everyone is not fighting it out :D

maxspank
7th August 2006, 10:02 PM
Ok so the info is in, and I have to say, the tarrif revamp is quite crap IMO. It seems like Vodafone are trying to confuse customers into thinking that they have a good deal. Anyways here's the details:

The new priceplans come into action from Sept 1st.

Anytime 75 -> mins stay the same with 100 texts as standard £20

Anytime 125 -> 150 inclusinve mins, 100 texts as standard £25

Anytime 200 -> Mins remain the same, 100 texts as standard £30

Anytime 275 -> 500 inclusinve mins, 100 texts as standard £35

Anytime 350 -> 500 inclusinve mins, 250 texts as standard £40

Anytime 500 -> 800 inclusinve minutes, 250 texts as standard £50

Anytime 700 -> will be withdrawn

Anytime 1000 -> 1200 inclusive minutes, 250 texts as standard £75

----
If you move on to the above priceplans as a new connection or upgrade you can choose 1 free Extra on a 12 month contract, 1 free extra on an 18 month contract priceplan below £40, and 3 free extras on an 18 month contract priceplan £40 and over.
----

Extras:

('Time based' extras)
3 months half price line rental (only available until ed of october) (takes 2 extras)

6 months free Mobile TV Pack (takes two extras)

('For Life' Extras)
STC
50% extra minutes
Extra messages (going from 100 sms to 250 sms, or from 250 sms to 500 sms etc.)

The 'For Life' extras can be purchased for £5.
------
Other info:

So STC will be come a chargeable extra (unless taken with your free extra if applicable), which is crap, but it also means that STC will be available on 12 month contracts which is good.

Vodafone Passport will come as standard on the priceplans, but only until October (I think, you'll have to forgive me I forgot to note the date down) afterwhich it will be one of the extras.

Existing customers who are not eligable for upgrade may migrate on to the new priceplans, but will have to extend their existing commitment by 6 months, and no free extras (unless you already have STC, in which case you get to keep it when migrating on to one of the new plans)

The SMS will be for SMS only, not data or MMS.

Edit: also forgot to mention call charges outside of mins will be increasing (18p for landline/voda to voda, 45p crossnet) and there will be no carry over mins feature. Also changes made to priceplan will take effect from the 1st day of the following months (which will get rid of the current pro-rata confusion)

I have put all of the above info in to my own words, as the way they explained it seemed to confuse the hell out of everyone :D Also the above info is correct to my knowledge, but vodafone may make changes, or it's possible I might have misunderstood some points (which I doubt) so don't blame me if any of the above info turns out to be incorrect :)

solo12002
7th August 2006, 10:16 PM
"Anytime 275 -> 500 inclusinve mins, 100 texts as standard £35"

Thanks for sharing the information I note one of the price plans as shown above, t-mobile fext 35 beats this hands down for £35 pounds I would get 750 mins and 100 texts if I wanted.

I also note the cost of cross net calls 45p FFS thats OTT flex is 20p at all times no matter what the network, Im am so disapointed in these these plans . Vodafone are no better than 02who offer 600 mins and 100 texts for £35.

Maybe I dint read it wright but data? or is there a lack of data in these plans, looking at them I think vodafone should buy orange, juding by their price plans they re both on tthe same planet!!

Whjat a real let down and I have to question wht vodafone are increasing their prices? Passport I think will have to end in light of the EU and roaming

3GScottishUser
7th August 2006, 11:30 PM
Its the old routine... networks want £30-35 a month and I doubt if they care what the usage is if they get that.

Vodafone and the rest are all advertising different packages that amount to the same thing really, whether it is via stop the clock or whatever.... it amounts to a cap on charges when a customer pays a set monthly fee.

Sarin seems to be right that Vodafone ond others will end up like ISP's and will get a set fee for mobile access.... reality appears to have arrived and it's a matter of time until all of the networks fall into line.

Ben
8th August 2006, 01:39 AM
Wow, truly dire and uninspiring packages. What a let-down! And what's with the tariff names? What's the point if they don't reflect what you get? They might as well name them after animals ;)

So it looks like, in the face of innovation from its rivals, Vodafone has chosen the 'drag your heels' approach. After Sarin's appointment and the dashing of my personal beliefs that Vodafone was 'too expensive' it looks like things are rapidly returning to their old ways.

What infuriates me most is that Vodafone have a magnificent network, and magnificent 3G offering. They even have their fair share of innovative services, but they just haven't got the tariffs to match.

A big thanks to maxspank for the details.

Hands0n
9th August 2006, 09:09 PM
Hear Hear - Hats off to Maxspank :) A marvelous bit of early information to dıgest.

I rather think that Sarin has been 'capped' by his own marketing and accountancy teams. The true measure of this success or otherwise will be the resulting (if any) churn.

I'm left a bit uninspired.

whatleydude
10th August 2006, 08:31 AM
I was hoping for somethin a bit more t-mobile-esque personally - so I wouldnt have to go through with leaving Vodafone..

*sigh*

Ah well..