View Full Version : sony ericsson k800i

djbake25
8th August 2006, 09:30 PM
please help i've now had two of these handsets on 02 and it keeps saying inactive sim 02 said the sims are fine but they dont seem to be registering to the phone does anyone know whats going on thanks in advance donna:mad:

3g-g
8th August 2006, 09:48 PM
Hi Donna, welcome to Talk3G :)

I know this may be a bit of an obvious start, but is the SIM in the correct way? Are you able to try the SIMs in another handset? At least this way you can be sure it's not just your k800i. If they work OK in another handset, then try a different SIM in the k800i, see if that will register onto the network OK.

If none of those work then you'll need to get back onto O2 to make sure your services are all set up correctly and there's no ban on the SIM or handsets.

My sister, who's on O2 was having terrible problems earlier making phonecalls, no resource messages on her handset and everything. Remember that you also have 14 days to return the handset, if you've just taken the contract out, if O2 don't resolve your problems.

Keep us informed of how you get on

G.

djbake25
8th August 2006, 09:54 PM
the phone is my husbands, i have an o2 pay as you go. my pay as you go sim works in the k800i and my husbands contract works in my pay as you go phone so i havnt got a clue?????

3g-g
8th August 2006, 10:10 PM
Hmm... *scratches head* :confused:

The only thing I can suggest is there's a compaibilty problem between the contract SIM and the handset (k800i), are they different types of SIM? Are the chips on them different from each other?

If they're both working OK in different handsets you'll need to get back onto O2, don't let them take it past the 14 days if they haven't resolved the issue.

Unless anyone else has any good suggestions? Dry cloth maybe?

hecatae
8th August 2006, 10:53 PM
how old is your husbands sim card.

they used to be 5v sims, and these days they are 3v sims, so if the simcard is old, that'll be the reason

djbake25
9th August 2006, 11:34 AM
his sim is 3 weeks old

Ben
9th August 2006, 01:55 PM
I've had a similar thing happen with a mobile but I can't remember which one. PAYG sims worked in the handset, but my Orange contract SIM always failed to register.

I'd ask for a replacement SIM to start with, and if that doesn't work a replacement phone.

djbake25
16th August 2006, 09:17 AM
just to let you know after four new phones and four new simcards he now has a samsung e900 who knows:rolleyes: what was wrong, 02 still havn't said !!!!!

3g-g
16th August 2006, 10:10 AM
just to let you know after four new phones and four new simcards he now has a samsung e900 who knows:rolleyes: what was wrong, 02 still havn't said !!!!!

Well at least it's sorted! Although it's a poor show from O2 that you've had to completely change handset type in order to get a working mobile!

mobile-doctor
25th November 2006, 10:21 PM
The only thing that i can think of is rebooting your phone, Go on 'settings' then on 'General' then scroll to the bottom and click on 'master reset' then 'reset all'
The same thing happend to me so i did all that and it worked fine after that.

Best of luck