View Full Version : Free Broadband from Virgin Mobile With all SIM only deals...

hecatae
9th August 2006, 11:19 PM
Offer available from the 14th Aug, up to 8meg free broadband from Virgin Net with all pay monthly SIM only offers.

Link to SIM only deals below.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/simCardOnly.do

solo12002
10th August 2006, 07:52 AM
Lovely new site. Dont see aything to do with freen broadband on it.

hecatae
10th August 2006, 11:27 PM
Offer available from the 14th Aug

:rolleyes:

jeffster
11th August 2006, 01:55 AM
Looking at the "What mobile" Forum, it appears that free broadband will soon be extended to VM contract customers, and also to quote the poster, "Logo", Virgin may make T-Mob Flext look rigid soon...

Some enticing contracts on the way from El Beardo ? :rolleyes:

hecatae
11th August 2006, 09:43 PM
Some enticing contracts on the way from El Beardo ? :rolleyes:

Virgin Mobile was sold to NTL, I doubt El Beardo has much say any more

jeffster
12th August 2006, 12:39 AM
Virgin Mobile was sold to NTL, I doubt El Beardo has much say any more

Apart from persuading NTL Telewest to re-brand as Virgin :

Q. Will you still be called Virgin Mobile, and will I still be a Virgin Mobile customer?

A. Yes, absolutely. As part of the deal ntl:Telewest has acquired the license to the Virgin brand, so in due course the ntl:Telewest business will be rebranded as a Virgin company, although the new name has not been confirmed yet. Virgin Mobile will be one part of this new Virgin-branded company and you will still be a Virgin Mobile customer.

Q. When will the rebranding happen?

A. The timeline for re-branding our new company and ntl:Telewest consumer products hasn’t been confirmed yet, but we expect this to happen some time early 2007, if not sooner.

The above taken from here :

http://about.virginmobile.com/aboutus/about/faqs/

No doubt El Beardo is still pulling a string or three...

Hands0n
12th August 2006, 11:01 AM
Intriguing that they're bringing Free ISP deals to PAYG!

hecatae
12th August 2006, 08:29 PM
Intriguing that they're bringing Free ISP deals to PAYG!

where, cant see it, please show:confused:

3GScottishUser
12th August 2006, 09:02 PM
I have had a look at the Virgin Mobile website and can't find any reference to free Broadband on PAYG. Is this perhaps something new where you have to commit to and maintain a minimum level of top-up to get the deal?

If someone can provide a link it would be interesting.

Ben
13th August 2006, 03:05 AM
I think Hands0n simply misread SIM-Only as being a PAYG deal.

Fifteen quid for 200 mins and 500 texts a month isn't too shabby at all, especially on no minimum term. Will be interesting to see what happens on Monday.

Hands0n
13th August 2006, 08:30 AM
:o Errrrr, yus m'lud. Guilty as charged :o *books appointment with Specsavers* ;)

solo12002
14th August 2006, 06:41 PM
Funny Ive just been on the Virgin site. Still cant see a Fing thing about free broadband!!

gorilla
16th August 2006, 09:23 AM
Well it's there now and does seem a very good deal. Does anyone know if this is for new customers only or can existing virgin.net customers get it as well?

LeMotor
16th August 2006, 09:03 PM
It's for new Virgin Contract customers only...see the shop on the Virgin's website...:mad: