View Full Version : 11 NEW Passport Countries

3GScottishUser
14th August 2006, 11:13 AM
From Mobile Today (14/08/2006):

Vodafone has come up with a travel accessory for its Live! customers.

The Travellers Toolkit automatically pops up on a users handset when they arrive in a foreign country, giving them access to local information and tips on what to do on the trip.

As well as advising on attractions, restaurants, bars and local entertainment, the toolkit gives access to language translators, currency converters and flight information.

Users can also download audioclips of various celebrities talking about their favourite aspects of city life and send 'postcards' from their phone. The service is scheduled to go live next week.

The network has also added 11 new countries to its Passport roaming tariff service, which allows customers to take their home tariff abroad. They are Austria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/content/3329.asp

Ben
14th August 2006, 12:04 PM
Ah good to see Cyprus in there now. I'm not sure what I make of the toolkit, but adding new countries to Passport is a plus.

Hands0n
14th August 2006, 12:36 PM
Still no Turkey :( But I'll give them another 12 months to put that right :rolleyes:

getti
14th August 2006, 02:57 PM
How bloody typical lol. Mum just comes back from Austria where she was getting charged 75p a min and now they add them into passport :D

Hands0n
14th August 2006, 03:11 PM
I have to make mention that T-Mobile have some excellent International Roaming deals. Even if they don't own the foreign network their partnerships result in the call charge being limited to £0.55p per minute (even in Turkey with Turktel).

All steps in the right direction - but not enough still to eliminate the sheer fretting about the cost of making/receiving a call while abroad. This ridiculous situation has to be got rid of - just think how many people take their mobiles out, but switch them off or stringently limit their use!

Mobile operators moan about the high costs of maintaining their international cross-network links. But these are essential if the operator is to have a viable network in any case and not be an island of communication. So the supposed "special costs" for Roaming are utterly opportunistic [and downright immoral] on behalf of the mobile operators.

The mobile network operators should be [financially] encouraging us to Roam with out handsets. Not beat us up the moment we have the audacity to actually want to make a call or send a text!

crowfield99
17th August 2006, 11:52 AM
From Mobile Today (14/08/2006):

Vodafone has come up with a travel accessory for its Live! customers.

The Travellers Toolkit automatically pops up on a users handset when they arrive in a foreign country, giving them access to local information and tips on what to do on the trip.

As well as advising on attractions, restaurants, bars and local entertainment, the toolkit gives access to language translators, currency converters and flight information.

Users can also download audioclips of various celebrities talking about their favourite aspects of city life and send 'postcards' from their phone. The service is scheduled to go live next week.

The network has also added 11 new countries to its Passport roaming tariff service, which allows customers to take their home tariff abroad. They are Austria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/content/3329.asp

Oh I am happy to hear that good news :) :cool:

vfDeac27
7th September 2006, 08:24 AM
Hi,

To help provide a clearer guide to Vodafone Passport and roaming Vodafone have performed a complete revamp on the overseas section of their UK website. This is a very useful link to use before going abroad, or if you have any interest in adding Vodafone Passport:

http://www.abroad.vodafone.co.uk/index.cfm?do=cost.passport&me=a2&nu=1&le=2

Hope this gives people a little more information if they didn’t already have it before

Ben
7th September 2006, 10:05 AM
Welcome to Talk3G! :)

What a great little site. I wish Vodafone would deploy a similar design throughout their website, it may be simple but it looks great.

crowfield99
9th September 2006, 06:39 PM
I agree Ben the current style does it job, getting a bit cluttered these days.

The Travel site is simple, straightforward and nicely laid out!

Would like to see what Vodafone could come up with for the Homepage in the same style!!