View Full Version : Vodafone v1605 HSDPA

3g-g
14th August 2006, 03:57 PM
Yes, it's the same as the Orange SPV3100 and no doubt it'll appear as a XDA on O2 also, I'm sure there'll be loads of business users with them, I'd like to have a play with one myself, as long as I had HSDPA coverage to zip some data down too!

Just days after Orange announced a HSDPA (super 3G) handset in the form of the SPV M3100, Vodafone is set to follow, with an own-brand version of the HTC TyTN Windows Mobile-based handset, dubbed the v1605.

Details are scarce at present with regards to the specification, but as it's the TyTN, it should feature a 2.8-inch, 240 x 320 touchscreen display, Wi-Fi wireless networking, tri-band GSM/GPRS, along with 3G and HSDPA. There's also a two megapixel camera on the back. It should also feature a 400MHz processor, 64MB of RAM and a Micro SD slot for boosting your storage.

You can order it now from Vodafone's website as a business customer, with price based on number ordered and contract - but prices range up to £250. There's no confirmed shipping date.

http://www.techdigest.tv/2006/08/vodafone_to_lau.html

getti
14th August 2006, 04:08 PM
Voda have changed their coverage map and its easier to understand. ALso if you click on 'Data Services' there is a map for HSDPA where you will get coverage now and in 6 months

peterjnew
14th August 2006, 05:21 PM
Hi,

Apparently O2 is not getting the HSDPA XDA. Apparently we arent getting it as O2 are launching in countries where the XDA Exec was not released, such as Germany.