View Full Version : Video Customer Service - Coming??

3GScottishUser
18th April 2005, 07:20 AM
From Celliular News (18/04/2005):

Vodafone Portugal has set up a system then enables their customers to make video calls to their customer care department. This type of communication has already been used to welcome customers subscribing to Vodafone's 3G/UMTS services. It is now being extended to customer support services in general on Vodafone's Customer Care 16912 number.

Vodafone says that the introduction of this facility in contacts with customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week reflects the growth in Vodafone's base of 3G customers.

The system used, which is highly innovative, is based on IP over SIP technology developed in Portugal. This solution was presented at the World Congress of the 3GSM Association in Cannes in February of this year and generated considerable interest on the part of many telecommunications operators.

Full Story Here (http://www.cellular-news.com/story/12588.shtml)

Ben
18th April 2005, 07:50 AM
Videocalling Customer Care? Whatever next!

The last thing I want to do is look at the chap/chapess in an overheated ready-to-burst call centre, and the last thing the chap/chapess is going to want to do is have to look at me sat in my dressing gown :D

It could be very useful for allowing the CSR to demonstrate functions on the handset, but with the customers handset tied up in a video call would the benefits be that great?

I think the main benefit of this exercise would be to break down videocalling barriers, getting customers used to the technology and making it appear more 'normal'.

Jon3G
18th April 2005, 10:43 AM
I agree, The last thing you want is having to look at the person you are complaing at. However it will encourage people to use the service of video calling

3GScottishUser
18th April 2005, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure about this. I think it'd be harder to shout ad be angry at some smiling face than just a voice - eh?

Ben
18th April 2005, 03:19 PM
It'd certainly make it harder for the CSR on the other end of the phone to keep muting the microphone while she talks to her friend about the time they got arrested for being really drunk and getting naked in a fountain. Perhaps it'd also stop the office clown from having chair races down the central walkway? God forbid call centres might actually have to enforce a dress code again!

I just can't see it happening...

Jon3G
18th April 2005, 04:06 PM
Lol

That is true and I wonder if they will select attractive people to do the job

chanaaf
18th April 2005, 04:09 PM
I think it's a very cool idea. Wouldn't like to be the operator though! ;)

Jon3G
18th April 2005, 04:16 PM
They may also get insults about the way thay look or the dinner they spilt down their top

solo12002
19th April 2005, 12:13 AM
Its just another way of making money out of you, unless the calls are going to be free! Ah i thought not, maybe 10 to 25p for CS and 50-80 for Video CS?

Jon3G
19th April 2005, 12:17 AM
Voda dont charge post pay customers for calling them, its only the prepay customers who get charged

solo12002
19th April 2005, 11:37 PM
Im sure that is correct, but some how I dont see any Company who charge anything from 25 to 80p for a video call making it free so that can phone CS to complain, about there poor sevice.

As it is, Pre Pay uses tend to pay either 10p per call on Virgin, maybe 25p on Vodafone and up to 50p on O2 for CS, I still wonder, is this going to be free on Video Calls now, Hum I dont think so :rolleyes:

JB's Best Mate
19th April 2005, 11:51 PM
Sounds like a great idea but as a few have mentioned it could become very strange if the Voda call centres are anything like the call centres I have seen

A lot of the stuff that goes on you really would'nt want to see and without being too rude some of the staff work there for very good reason :eek: