View Full Version : LGU400 vs K800i

ralp5
15th August 2006, 10:47 PM
Hi i am on 3 and i have a choice between the lg u400 and sony ericsson k800i as my upgrades and i am not sure which would be better. the lg looks slick but heard k800i is also very good. i have until wednesday evening to tell 3 my decision. Thanks for your help

3g-g
15th August 2006, 11:01 PM
Hi ralp5, welcome to Talk3G! :)

If the LGU400 is anything like the current 2G 'Chocolate' handset then it's sure to be lovely! However I've not had a look at the handset close up. The SE however is a right little belter, the camera that it comes with being near enough to a mid range digital camera on its own! I suppose it'll be down to what you want from the handset, if you're going to go down the music on the move route then the LG. If you're wanting a quality camera then it has to be the SE!

There are a few guys with the k800i about here, I'm sure they'll give you the inside scoop. Whatever you choose you'll have 7 days to change your mind and swap if you don't like the one you opt for.

3GScottishUser
15th August 2006, 11:04 PM
I'd go for the SontEricsson K800i as it has a better camera and more facilities but I'd also be shopping around as there are some very tasty deals on that particular phone from dealers like CPW and e2save who can offer lots of cashback even on 12 month deals :)

Check out the very latest offers here: http://www.mobdeal.com/display.asp?price=0&hs=k800i

Happy Hunting...

PS - You can keep your existing number etc by simply asking 3 for a PAC code and the process is normally quite seamless.

Hands0n
16th August 2006, 01:38 PM
I vote for the K800i - mostly because it is Sony Ericsson and they made delicious handsets with outstanding quality of build, reliability, camera optics and Walkman technology integration (where appropriate).

LG has had a bit of a chequered history with 3G handsets, many of which are using motherboards designed and made by SonyEricsson! For sure, their latest offerings are quite tasty but I do not think they quite make the SE grade.

whatleydude
16th August 2006, 03:02 PM
K800i for me everytime.

Its the first ever phone that has made me consider a move away from all things Nokia.

E616Vboy123
16th August 2006, 04:14 PM
You all love the K800i, but I had a play with one in the Orange shop, and although better than the old K700i, the joystick does not fell precise (I do not get on with joysticks at all). But the K610i and it's variants have a proper 5 way navigation pad, and was released around the same time as the K800i, so why not put a similar navigation pad on that? For me it would ahve to be the LG because its navigation wheel is very original for a phone (and works properly) and I think that it just seems a half decent phone, especially as a music player.

Hands0n
16th August 2006, 04:54 PM
Yea, but we all work for Sony Ericsson :D

No, not really :D :D :D